*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

blower detective work

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Re: blower detective work

Postby banannarama » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:03 am

so if i pull of the plug on the switch one of the 4 terminals should have power constantly ?
banannarama
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby banannarama » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:12 am

so if i pull the plug off of the fan switch one of the pins has to have power ? all of the time ? and how do i fix the no power issue ?
banannarama
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby banannarama » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:50 am

So I’m no electrician but this morning checked power at the fuse all good and unplugged the switch and the top left terminal on the switch has 12 volts not sure how to test the switch but I guess there is one 12 v in and as I switch it it puts that voltage to the other 3 different pins so a continuity test ?
banannarama
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby banannarama » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Any one ????
banannarama
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:39 pm

The heater box loom is plugged into the main loom behind the demister pipes,check the plug is not burnt :idea: You may have to remove the clocks to find it :wink:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby banannarama » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:44 pm

I’ve got the dash out what wires should I follow back to find it ! And the plug test ? The Speedo clocks u mean !!!
banannarama
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby banannarama » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:22 pm

I have the switch out now !!!! When I do a Continuity test on the switch from the live in to the other pins on the switch position one does one pin position 2 does 2 pins and position 3 does no pins the same as the off position ? Thoughts anyone ?
banannarama
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby V184 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:02 pm

banannarama wrote:I have the switch out now !!!! When I do a Continuity test on the switch from the live in to the other pins on the switch position one does one pin position 2 does 2 pins and position 3 does no pins the same as the off position ? Thoughts anyone ?

Is there any signs on the plug or switch of it overheating ?
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby banannarama » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:11 am

the power in terminal is a little corroded and i went to the resistor and wow !!! what a mess so ordered both took out the blower and it works fine on the bench tbc
banannarama
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby nodrog » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:47 pm

Hi Had the same problem, ran a new earth wire fixed.
nodrog

Postby T*R*A*N*S*I*T » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:06 pm

I have had No fan blower problem . You should check the fuse first , then test the blower in situ , remove the 2 pin plug . Black is earth white is 12v feed , if it's "&@£!d it can be replaced , if it's good working then it might be the switch , (might) in my case it was the multi plug from the loom next to the heater , dashboard out job, green and white wire to black and white wire, and black earth wire =no contact. To repair dissect plug clean and solder connection plugs , put heat shrink on wires first , I wasted £ 90 on a new switch and motor , you need to check all connections with a meter , and ignition switch on acc .
T*R*A*N*S*I*T
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby V184 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:29 pm

transitjack wrote:brilliant advice from gotgcoalman
i had to swap out my motor 2 weeks ago and you do indeed need to remove the middle fascia panel (2 screws hidden behind the speedo console cover so this needs unfastening first
i had already cut the front of the housing where the motor sat as last time i was in there i failed to get my motor out (the brushes had worn out) but this time i took the two heater pipes out one from the hole in the middlew and one by your left foot if r/h drive
do be sure to see why no electric first though
the motor body turns say 1 inch anti clockwise to free it from the heater housing
i bought s/h off ebay from a breaker as i reckoned a used ford part was better than a chinese copy,its the same as the mk6 according to what i read and it cost £20 delivered very very quickly

98 model, to remove just take the radio out as it should be the large type & motor fits through hole :wink:
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Previous

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits