*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK4 100hp Lucas Epic - lacks power and goes into fail mode

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Re: MK4 100hp Lucas Epic - lacks power and goes into fail mo

Postby Dan1el » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:32 am

Hi!

It took quite a while till I could make some progress with the van, but in the meanwhile the fuel pump has been changed and voila - the engine error never came back since. No errors since a couple of thousand kilometres.

Unfortunately the problem with the lack of power remained. I plan to let my mechanic shut the EGR with a sheet of metal. Do you think, that that could help / be the cause?

I doubt that the problem is connected to the gas pedal potentiometer - I can put the pedal down all the way and the van will accelerate till it reaches a certain RPM (always same velocity @ same gear) and the power lacking occurs. Above that certain speed it runs normal again. So the power lacking comes (and goes again) even if I have the gas pedal at the same position, only the RMP / speed change due to the can accelerating.
So my idea is, that the EGR doesn't open / close as it should, eg. because of collected dirt, and then the turbo can't get enough pressure and therefore I feel the power lacking.

Is that plausible? As I need to pay my mechanic for most of the repairs it would be awesome to know, if this doesn't make any sense at all.

Thank you all for all the help I received so far - since the fuel pump has been changed the van is perfectly usable again!

Daniel
Dan1el
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: MK4 100hp Lucas Epic - lacks power and goes into fail mo

Postby Dan1el » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:16 am

hi again!

in case someone searches for help with similar problems: since the EGR is shut the engine runs like a charm.

cheers!
Dan1el
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Previous

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits