*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Manifold problems again

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Manifold problems again

Postby edessaios » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:44 pm

so, it is the second manifold that i am istalling to the transit. the original one was so cracked, tha the vehicle was going to limp mode directly. i took it of, i was on my way to greece form germany when that happend, so imagine the trip from romania until greece to limp mode!! :shock: :shock: :shock: i took it of, it was really bad, weld it temporary just to drive it back to germany, i found another one after that, a used one, it hab also some cracks, but this thime i weld it a bit more professionally! also make some gaskets by myself. So , until now, seemsa to be seald, no black smoke on the engine, the boost i think is the right one, ( at 2000rmp 12.5psi). my question is, why it is cracked? i also want to replace the manifold bolts, but the is nothing to find at the markt, here in germany, also not in Greece. my last choice is to make a completely stainless steel exhaust system, a bit expensive to make! Where can i find these bolts?
edessaios
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Manifold problems again

Postby jamie182 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:38 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Genuine-Ford-T ... 1009804783

i'm sure they will send them to you in Germany if not just call a local ford dealer part number for the manifold to head bolts 6961171
there m10 x33mm.
i have had ford parts in the part that the dealer said had to come from germany so no reason they wouldnt send them the other way if need be.
jamie182
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits