*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

s reg transit 2.5 di help

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

s reg transit 2.5 di help

Postby wordave » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:00 pm

Hello i am a newbie on hear i have an S reg smiley transit l/wheelbase high top , i cant get spare wheel off, i have tried the wheel nut remover chisel end does not connect to anything i watched you tube vids ,does not work , i wouldn't bother getting off except i need a spare wheel and they are 6 stud on mine and not like the LDV type help im pulling my hair out cant find one i haven't seen 6 studders except on twin wheel base which mine isn't, i have shone torch in the hole all i can see is a small nut and a disc
thank you in advance, by the way its a mini bus i have converted into campervan
wordave

Re: s reg transit 2.5 di help

Postby Frag » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:25 pm

The proper winding tool,which is also used for the jack,has a square drive about 3/4"
But,later transits like yours also have a 13mm (ish) hexagon cut out of the end of that drive.
There's a thread on here if you search but pics are blurred by photobucket :roll:
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby Noctule » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:33 pm

Hiya Wordave,

welcome to the forum.

if you let us know where you are there might be someone local to you who might be able to help, whether it be with brute force, ignorance, or the loan of the correct handle.

Mat
2000 Mk5 HiCube self-build camper
- 2.5tdi 4EA with EPIC-to-Bosch conversion
- DRW with 16" rims
- Mondeo instrument cluster
- Lunar Meteorite interior

2006 Mk7 115t350 van (cheap tax tramp)

Previously...
Mk5 100 swb Custom
Mk5 190 lwb x3
Noctule
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby wordave » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:30 pm

thanks for your replies . i decided to cut the bracket off got the wheel off , so i could see it's hex nut which was unbelievably free so i will make the bracket fit again and will weld an old socket on wheel brace , job done thanks , no doubt i will be back on here for more info ,
my van is in surprisingly good condition as is S reg 1999 model need to get tow bar for it , i'm wondering if they are pretty standard chassis on most of them 5 6 7 's anybody any idea
wordave

Postby twin wheel camper » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:07 pm

wordave wrote:thanks for your replies . i decided to cut the bracket off got the wheel off , so i could see it's hex nut which was unbelievably free so i will make the bracket fit again and will weld an old socket on wheel brace , job done thanks , no doubt i will be back on here for more info ,
my van is in surprisingly good condition as is S reg 1999 model need to get tow bar for it , i'm wondering if they are pretty standard chassis on most of them 5 6 7 's anybody any idea

Nope it from 1993-2000 will be straight fit (like for like) after 2000 it’s mk6 and different definitely not straight fit.
twin wheel camper
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby gotgcoalman » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:59 pm

think I warmed a 19/32 socket up an bashed it on to the silly ford fitting to give me a nice 1/2 inch drive fitting.

bloody ford.
ne m'écoute pas je suis plein de merde.
A house without a dog is like a forum without a BJT.
Too bloody quiet :shock:
gotgcoalman
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits