*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rear seats into a SWB van question

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Rear seats into a SWB van question

Postby po79 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:49 pm

Hi all,
I would like to know if a MK4 van would have the mounting holes in the rear floor to fit seats to.

My van has a wooden liner and a rubber liner which when I ripped it a few years back I decided to protect with carpet so rather than taking it all out to find bolt holes which might not be there thought it best to ask on here first.
Cheers Poe.
po79
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Rear seats into a SWB van question

Postby twin wheel camper » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:04 pm

No I don’t won’t have any mounting holes unless it was a minibus and even then unless you get identical seats there not going to match up anyway.
You just drill the holes wherever you want them but make sure and fit “spreader plates” in under the bolts especially if the seats have belts fitted.
twin wheel camper
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Rear seats into a SWB van question

Postby po79 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:08 am

Thanks twin wheeled camper,
I just thought being Ford with their one part fits all designs the mounting holes might have been in all the floor pans.
Its a SOV so even though it is a van it was ordered with all side glass so looks like a mini bus.
I just need a single or twin seat so I have enough seats for my family (of four).
I'll take it to VOSA and get it certified once done.

If anyone can help me find the seats that would be great, I'll stick an add on the wanted section.

Thanks again,

Poe.
po79
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits