*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Epic to Bosch

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Epic to Bosch

Postby Siromir » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:34 pm

Hello everyone

i have 98' westaflia nugget transit and its injection pump started leaking from multiple places. I decided to swap it to a bosch pump and i have been able to source 0 460 414 145 pump, throttle pedal and cable and bracket for the pump.
Before i start to tear it apart for fiting new pump, i would like to know few things if anyone has the information. It has this yellowish metal bracket thing which holds inside fuel cut off solenoid, how do i get rid of that 3 wire thing that i read somwere were useless. Do i just open those allen key headed bolts which seem to keep that bracket and then do i gain acces to solenoid? Only 12v is needed for it to make it open, ofcourse only when ignition is on? Are the pipes to injectors allready in right order or does one need to change something when fitting bosch in place of epic?

Engine is original 85ps, are the injectors fine with this pump? Anything else i have to take in consideration before going for the bosch?

Thank you in advance, this forum has lots of useful info.
-Miro
Siromir

Re: Epic to Bosch

Postby Chug » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:48 pm

Yes just remove the bracket to get to the solenoid, there is a 12v wire in the epic multiplug, might be purple I can't remember now but a multimeter will find it, or run a fused wire from a switched ignition live.

Injector pipes will fit but one of them, again I can't remember but maybe bottom nearest engine block? needs a bit of a tweek upwards to fit.

Injectors will be fine, but you will probably need to tweak the fuelling unless someone already has as the pump is from a 76ps engine.

The fuel inlet/return fittings are different so you may need to source some banjo's unless they came with the pump.
1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Siromir » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:46 pm

Thank you very much for your answers Chuggy.

Pump came with banjos fitted so no need to find those, i also have changed the fuel filter for cav 296 so it is running suitable rubber hoses to attach to bosch allready.

Then there is one last question, is there a hole allready for throttle cable on firewall, did not see one when i took a quick glance? Car is LHD so somethings may be different compared to RHD cars.

I am trying to make it as reliable as possible, i have once experienced technical problems something like 1500km from home in foreign coyntry during their holiday season, i do not want to experience it again if possible. :D
Siromir

Postby onestopnz » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:56 pm

I have just fitted a bosch pump to my 98 transit 2.5 dt came as a kit all bolts fuel line etc ,bottom left pipe was hardest to fit '
yes u use the top mounting hole for the cable.

My van has a imobalizer and is connected trough the old epic pump and as I have disconnected this I have been locked out, no power to starter,pump etc , so now need to find away around this problem.
onestopnz

Postby Siromir » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:32 pm

Here it is on its new home, car is running with Bosch now. Still have to install throttle pedal and cable, but it is running.

Thanks for the help everybody.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Siromir

Postby IlGilbe » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:50 pm

Hi, I have a 2.5 Td 1994 101 cv engine 4EA. For changing the pump, I need a Bosch 0460414154 but it's impossible to find. Please, is it possible to use a similar pump? Thanks
IlGilbe

Postby Barleycorn » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:40 pm

Just replaced my EPIC pump on a 1999 turbo camper with a Bosch. Pleasantly surprised, still plenty of poke, and no noisier, which were the usual grievances. Hopefully MPG will be similar?
Barleycorn

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits