*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk5 2000 - 2.0 LPG : Petrol mode troubles!

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Mk5 2000 - 2.0 LPG : Petrol mode troubles!

Postby CairoKolton » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:55 pm

I own a mk5 (2000) Transit camping-car (french brand, model name "Déclic") , the engine is a 2.0 , 114 hp , DOHC ... And is running LPG and Petrol.

My problem : the van runs very well on gaz. But not on petrol : big lack of power at high speed (highway impossible) and climbs. Starts very well, idle OK, seems good until i ask it to pull more...

I am travelling in Spain right now. A garage did the diagnostic , unfortunately I didn't get the error code, but they told me the problem was the vacuum solenoid valve. It's generating vacuum for the EGR circuit for what I understand. The piece is referenced 95bb9j459aa and I expect to find one soon around here. The guy gave me a replacement valve taken from a Transit 3 or 4 but Diesel (TDCi) : it didn't solve the problem, the same error code comes back.

So I wonder if it's with trying the exact piece, same reference or the problem may be elsewhere. In clear : are these valves the same for all motor types ? The valve is pretty much the same aspect, and physically compatible. I just wonder if the voltage may be different and thats why it doesn't work.

Sorry for the long message, I hope somebody knows about this kind of troubles on LPG Transits ... Regards.
CairoKolton

Re: Mk5 2000 - 2.0 LPG : Petrol mode troubles!

Postby MinorMatt » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:37 pm

I would find the correct part

It appears to be fitted to

Mondeo
Puma
Galaxy
Scorpio
Fiesta
Transit

and has a FINIS number of 6994103

Shouldn't be hard to get...
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Mk5 2000 - 2.0 LPG : Petrol mode troubles!

Postby Chug » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:18 am

If it runs ok on gas and ok on petrol until higher fuel demand, then I would be looking at fuel starvation, ie there is a blockage in the fuel system somewhere.
1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits