*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

1999 transit

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

1999 transit

Postby blowin23t » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:13 pm

hi my name is gavin and i bought a lemon well were do i start i bought a 1999 transit camper automatic i no shes old but my pockets not that full problem is turn t6he key no go had it at local ford dealer and they wiped there hands to old to hard so i took it to a sparkey in town and they have managed to get it to turn over but no fire says key not talking to embolizer as its not a 3 wire earlier van they cant work out how to bypass so it will fun only thing that they can work out is buy another ecu and keys and ignition transponder ring over 2k second hand stuff can any one help pl silly kiwi stuck
blowin23t

Re: 1999 transit

Postby MinorMatt » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:16 pm

I can

Are you in the uk, or NZ?

getting it to turn over is childs play, you need a piece of wire 50mm long. Hope you didn't pay too much!

When you turn the ign on, is the immobiliser LED flashing rapidly? if so wait a minute and it will pause and give a blink code.

e.g. blinkblinkblinkblinkblinkblink (pause) blink blink blink (pause) blink blink would be code 32. Let us know what that is and we can go from there.

If it comes down to it, I have a suitable used ECU /PATS/key setup by my right knee, and new unprogrammed ECUs by my left :lol: I.would far rather fix the problem though
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby blowin23t » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:55 am

well thanks im in new zealand this is problem as there were not a lot off auto vans bought out the sparky has asked me to buy all new set up the numbers on ecu are 98vb-9j464-ze its a lucas ecu
thanks for help if u no how to fix ill pay or buy everything i need pl help im distort my life savings
blowin23t

Postby MinorMatt » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:20 am

Check the blink codes mate, otherwise you could spend an awful lot of money and still have the same problem. Get that code and report back

The most common immobiliser problem is the fuse or relay in the auxillary fuse box under the bonnet. Being an auto there are several in the box, so check all the fuses and swap the relays around.

I have no problem posting bits to New Zealand if you need them - but its not practical to come over from the UK to check it out really :lol:

That ECU number means nothing - its how its programmed that matters. Thats ECU can be programmed as manual/auto, any power output etc

I don't rate your auto sparks... 3 wire is non turbo and not an age thing. Lets hope they haven't put 12V on to the stop solenoid plunger and blown it...

As for their suggested parts list - its wrong. You need the ECU, PATS module and Keys (if you have an immobilised van) or just the ECU (and that 50mm long piece of wire) if you can find a non immobilised one.

Get the blink code and we (or at least I) can advise further

Matt
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits