*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Dipstick needed.

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Dipstick needed.

Postby Vivelo » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:46 am

Hi, I have two transit engines in my boat, MK4. A while ago one engine was switched out. They are marinised, only real difference is the cooling and the sump. The sumps are shallower and made of aluminium, pretty expensive. Those who swapped the engines over decided to not to put the shallow sump on and kept it. Sure the engine fits, and as it is all a bit tight and I have only just realised what they did. The dipsticks are shortened to compensate, so I have been over filling the engine with oil. (Yes, they put the old dipstick back in)
So I'm looking for a dipstick if you can help. In good condition. There is one on eBay, but it's a mess and bent. The ford part number is 1657020 and the engineers number is 894f-6750-AA.
The boat/marine industry is full of crooks.

Would be very grateful to hear from anyone who has one or know where I can buy a decent or new one. I have tried ford, they was on the system still at £7, but non at the hub, so no longer available.

Cheers.
Vivelo

Re: Dipstick needed.

Postby Chug » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:32 pm

1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits