*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Auto Box Service Kit / Speed Sensor / I’m an Idiot

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Auto Box Service Kit / Speed Sensor / I’m an Idiot

Postby Ecopod » Fri May 13, 2022 1:42 pm

Speedo hasn’t worked on van since I got it - only a few weeks ago. Done a fair few miles already and decided I need to know how fast/slow I’m going. Sent details to TransitPartsUK on flea bay and they sent new sensor - it is the wrong one despite me saying it was for an auto and given reg / chassis number. Now the idiot part - not knowing it was the wrong one I removed the old one, yep oil everywhere as I never noticed on reading through threads this would happen, and now have a half full gearbox and still no speedo. Fuses all okay and have checked all the other known issues - auto box worked great with no issues seen on other threads. Sorry for the ramble before the question.

TransitPartsUK do not have an auto speed sensor and nor do Ford UK have one or a service kit. I’m going to replace filter / gasket now as I may as well (have a big gardening tray to set under sump). I can get 6 litres of Carlube ATF Q3 no problem but cant find a speed sensor / filter / gasket anywhere.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and thanks in advance.

Again sorry for the ramble.
1998 Transit Autosleeper Amethyst
Automatic / 2 Berth / 4 Belts
Movano Food Truck / HY Van Coffee Truck
Bo’ness Central Scotland
Ecopod
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Auto Box Service Kit / Speed Sensor / I’m an Idiot

Postby Ecopod » Sun May 15, 2022 6:13 pm

Now got a new auto box filter and gasket - just the sensor to go.
1998 Transit Autosleeper Amethyst
Automatic / 2 Berth / 4 Belts
Movano Food Truck / HY Van Coffee Truck
Bo’ness Central Scotland
Ecopod
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits