*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Power issue

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Power issue

Postby Topperjk » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:51 pm

Hi

New member to the forum, I've had a look around and I think that my issue is either related to the torque sleeve or requires the "leak off mod"?

Before I crack on with doing the mod or cleaning the sleeve can I get a second (or third, fourth etc) opinion.

Drove it about 35 miles on Friday, no issue at all and prior to that we had driven it 25 miles to Santa Pod and back for Transitmania and the following weekend we did the same. So it's been having some regular short journeys.

After the 35 miles on Friday, I noticed for the first time that the engine didn't cut out when I took the key out, but did after just a few seconds. Thought nothing more of it.

On Sunday when leaving to go home, it started a little sluggishly but got going ok, but after about 1/2 mile lost power. We could still drive it but it was literally 10mph in 1st, 20 in 2nd etc, all very laboured. We pulled over a couple of times and restarted the engine which seemed to give us normal drive for about 1/2 mile again until the same problem.

No smoke, no strange noises, no bumps, no heat issues, no obvious issues from the engine other than the lack of power.

Am I in the right ball park with Leak Off Mod and/or Torque Sleeve?
Topperjk

Re: Power issue

Postby Keef » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:55 pm

I'm guessing yours is a turbo on a Lucas Epic pump? If so, read this

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=164093
Keef
MK3 Massive

Re: Power issue

Postby Topperjk » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:46 am

Thanks Keef - I'll get on that then :D
Topperjk

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits