*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Hello- Quick question.

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Hello- Quick question.

Postby jimmysmith » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:05 am

My father has 2 transits currently. One of these is a long cube diesel and a mid sized 2.0 petrol.

The long cube is on an R reg in the UK and the petrol is on an S reg as I recall. Both are suffering from corrsion but he wants rid of them. The petrol 2.0 has less than 70k currently. The diesel I'm not so sure. He is willing to let them go for scrap however I think they are worth a little more. I'm a mechanic by trade however I've only had 10 years in the trade and where I am in Cumbria you never these vans.

My question really been what would other people do with them? I'll be attaching pictures in the next 2 days when not at work on a night shift. Both rough though. Not pretty at all.

Cheers
jimmysmith

Re: Hello- Quick question.

Postby joinerman » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:11 pm

Break them for parts and stick em on eblag
joinerman
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Moka » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:31 pm

jimmysmith wrote:My father has 2 transits currently. One of these is a long cube diesel and a mid sized 2.0 petrol.

The long cube is on an R reg in the UK and the petrol is on an S reg as I recall. Both are suffering from corrsion but he wants rid of them. The petrol 2.0 has less than 70k currently. The diesel I'm not so sure. He is willing to let them go for scrap however I think they are worth a little more. I'm a mechanic by trade however I've only had 10 years in the trade and where I am in Cumbria you never these vans.

My question really been what would other people do with them? I'll be attaching pictures in the next 2 days when not at work on a night shift. Both rough though. Not pretty at all.

Cheers

I never poseed photos with them . give more details year size gearbox etc . might be interested about. What people does with them ? keep them and pay a lot for ...ha ha ha . is a shame to scrap them i belive. Regards
Moka

Postby Chug » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:36 pm

yeah pictures? and where are they located, Cumbria?
1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits