*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Immobiliser problem

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Immobiliser problem

Postby Petal » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:23 pm

Hi , hope someone can help.
The throttle pedal stopped working on 98 smiley but the van was turning over fine. I removed it to replace and disconnected battery negative whilst doing it. Before buying the new pedal i tried to turn the engine over but just it dead apart from wipers and lights working and oil light and battery lights on dash. Immobiliser light was flashing code 32 . It took me ages to get the throttle screws off on the engine bulkhead so thought I may have dislodged a wire but all looks OK ( bear in mind I'm a novice woman). Next checked fuses and all OK, then found relay in box in engine near battery which had green , coroded looking terminals so replaced this. Still nothing from the engine and code 32 flashing.
When throttle pedal stopped working AA towed me home, he got some failt codes at this point but admitted he was struggling to use the fault reader on my van anyway iv looked at them since and does have an Immobiliser fault .
I will post these codes. Rang several garages but say they can't help
IV GIVEN UP NOW, PLEASE CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GARAGE OR MOBILE MECHANIC THAT CAN HELP IN MANCHESTER AREA. IF I KNOW SOMEONE CAN HELP I WILL HAVE IT TOWED TP THEM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Petal

Re: Immobiliser problem

Postby Chug » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:25 am

With all those codes I would look at the multiplug on the back of the fuel injection pump, the round plug that goes into the back of the black box in this picture.

1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits