*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK 5 Rear Leaf Springs

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

MK 5 Rear Leaf Springs

Postby JaruloPan69 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:53 pm

I have long wanted to replace my rear leaf springs that are dead flat and the van is hanging to one side. The previous owner used solid wood for the camper interior and it was driving overloaded for quite some time. It's a 1996 100S SWB with the mid high roof.

On Autodoc there is several different leafsprings available from the same manufacturers claiming to be good for a 100S. They have different part numbers but seem to have the same measurements.

Can anyone help out and recommend and aftermarket leafspring available in mainland Europe? I have checked the catcar catalogue, it show 3 different part numbers (see attached screenshot).

The U-Bolts and the rear spring hanger/shackle still seem good, can i reuse them?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JaruloPan69

Re: MK 5 Rear Leaf Springs

Postby MinorMatt » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:16 am

All mk4/5 leaf springs will physically fit and work fine. Uprated ones will make the back end sit higher though.

If you are running at close to capacity all the time, I would suggest trying to get springs from a 120 model? (Although you are likely to find there are only 2 types of aftermarket ones either fitting 80/100/120 or 150/190 models)
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: MK 5 Rear Leaf Springs

Postby sportscott » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:50 pm

MinorMatt wrote:All mk4/5 leaf springs will physically fit and work fine. Uprated ones will make the back end sit higher though.

If you are running at close to capacity all the time, I would suggest trying to get springs from a 120 model? (Although you are likely to find there are only 2 types of aftermarket ones either fitting 80/100/120 or 150/190 models)

I had the chance to buy some really cheap new Mk6 ones and fitted them to my mk5, I had to change the bushes because other diameter bolts between the marks.
Transit the everyday mans van....
sportscott
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits