*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Welding

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Welding

Postby mountainpike » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:09 pm

Does anyone know ho much welding is too much. I did the front inner and outer sill at the front left and right (the right went through when I accidently kicked it welding the left one, Ho Ho Ho. I did both footwell, I made two new front wings and they look rather good if I say so myself, the rear right door corner but surpisingly not the chassis.

I know the body work is not structural but I feel that I used quite a lot of welding wire.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Oh and the other rear door has just been eled up with a fabricated part, and also the passenger side bottom door panel, I think thats it for now.

It looks a little rough at the moment but very legal with full mot, tax, ins.
mountainpike
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:05 am

Re: Welding

Postby matthew2riches » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:18 pm

It doesn't matter how much welding is on the van :D As long as your not overweight on new metal and MIG wire :lol:
White mk5 SWB Ford Transit. Scrapped!
5 Series F10 BMW. Factory standard. Pokey ;)
350 LWB 2.2 TDCI REMAPPED Daily!

Need welding? MoT work undertaken Suffolk/Essex/Norfolk... PM me for a chat :)
User avatar
matthew2riches
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2938
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:07 pm
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk


Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.