by ostosix » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:33 pm
Hi there,
I changed my '95 150 DOHC for a DI. Prop shaft is the same but gearbox is different. You also need the engine mounting brackets from a diesel, they are very different.
If I was doing it again I'd try and keep the radiator so it's got the electric fan on then you may be able to ditch the viscous fan which constantly runs and takes power.
Think of some sound proofing while the engine is out too as petrol has none but you do need some. You'll need a new exhaust down pipe too, only about 30 Quid though.
Power steering is on opposite side of the engine so you'll needthe diesel version. And the wiring of course. Air box from a diesel too. I got a rusty donor van for £280 quid. Got all my bits off Including engine and scrapped it and got £180 for that. The only mistake I made was scrapping the diesel gearbox, they look the same but the diesel bell housing is much bigger. A new one only cost me 30 quid though ha ha!
Sorry for this being a bit listy, I'm using my phone. Any question get in touch will be glad to help with any info.
Regards mikey