*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Advice please

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Advice please

Postby thevaletmann » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:04 pm

Hi.

I am servicing the MK5 tomorrow (sunday) and i have bought all the stuff. due to it not running properly (stalling coming down of high revs) I have bought some engine flush for the oil sludge which will be present (not been serviced for a while) and also some diesel additive to try and clean the system after bio diesel sludge found on the old fuel filter. Can any body advise me against using this additive!!!?? It was an, off the shelf product.
I am hoping that this will help all help to getting the old beast running better.

Thanks 8)
thevaletmann
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:31 pm

Re: Advice please

Postby AndyG » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:48 pm

Don't know about the engine flush, but defo needs a new filter and diesel treatment :wink:
Image
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
User avatar
AndyG
Site Admin
 
Posts: 27833
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:14 am
Location: West London

Re: Advice please

Postby thevaletmann » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:16 am

Thanks Andyg. I did the service today. New filter, fresh oil, engine flush etc. Put in the diesel treatment to try and clear the fuel delivery system. Ball bearing in the EGR pipe, added 2t oil to the fuel. Sounds a little quieter but has now lost power :evil: . Reading threads on here, I am going to do the leak off pipe next as it sounds like lack of fuel, or at least thats what other people have experienced. There was a good amount of white smoke and still stalling when dipping the clutch at junctions etc. It's really getting on my ti*s but I am hoping all this will do the van a favour in the long run. It's seems if that doesnt work then new injectors are needed. DOH!!
Can you offer any other solutions?
After reading leak mod and looking at the diagram it seems fairly straight forward but I can't find a comprehensive guide.
I am a bit of a novice but not incapable, hell I've come this far with the knowledge off the forum.
Any ideas or links would be really appreciated.

Cheers 8)
thevaletmann
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:31 pm


Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.