*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


99 2.5 Diesel Ford Transit 190 Mk5 ex ambulance HELP!

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

99 2.5 Diesel Ford Transit 190 Mk5 ex ambulance HELP!

Postby lumatrix » Thu May 06, 2010 1:14 am

Hi,
I just recently acquired a '99 2.5 Diesel Ford Transit 190 Mk5 ex ambulance which is converted to an RV. I've already had help from the forum re timing belt V chain - Thanks OP you were right it's a belt and I'm having it changed now. I need more help though and I wonder if any other members could help me. As an ex ambulance the van has a VERY involved control panel on the dash which is a bit confusing - to say the least. Does anyone know the ins & outs of these panels? It's a double row of push buttons with various icons - lights, fans, etc and I would really like to know what they do BEFORE I start pushing them at random. I know that the fan symbol starts the Eberspacher heater fan but the previous owner did not have much time to fill me in on the other controls. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pic attached of dashboard control area. Also there's a similar panel in the main body of the van which controls lights, heating etc and I need to know the functions of that too. Any ambulance drivers out there?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/98372963@N00/4582872326/
from lumatrix - the internet busker
User avatar
lumatrix
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:35 pm
Location: Fife

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.