*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


MK6 Transit 2.0 wont start after stopping for a break

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

MK6 Transit 2.0 wont start after stopping for a break

Postby unluckytransitowner » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi can any one help ?
Yesterday after coming home on the A14 I stopped off at the BP Garage to get a coffee on returning the van would not start, the Engine cranks over fine but does not fire.

Called the RAC out, he check fuel at the injector feed pipe at the head and this seemed ok, he eventually sprayed some easy start in the air intake and the engine ran for a few seconds before it cut out but there was no response from the throttle whatsoever. He gave the egr valve a few hits with his wrench but still no luck. He connected his laptop to the ems and it came back with a fault code P007F Unknown. He seemed to think EGR Valve may be stuck and was common on these. Would the EGR valve stuck cause it not to start ?

Earlier before this all happened I noticed the engine was lacking power and the turbo didnt seem to be working (limp mode). I switched the engine off and on whilst moving and that seemed to cure the problem and the van picked up speed again. I didnt seem to recall the coil light flashing at any time.

I would be grateful for any advice

Regards

Ray.
unluckytransitowner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 9:08 am

Re: MK6 Transit 2.0 wont start after stopping for a break

Postby mobilevanman » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Year and spec of van helps but it sounds like you need codes reading to get an accurate diagnosis or you are guessing as to the problem yes her is common so is fuel pump crank sensor and any number of other sensors not having a go just trying to save you aggro
why not if u dont someone will
mobilevanman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Location: basildon essex

Re: MK6 Transit 2.0 wont start after stopping for a break

Postby unluckytransitowner » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:18 pm

Hi thanks for your reply it is a 2.0 diesel tdci 100 T280 2003 swb
The RAC read the codes the only one he found was P007F unknown.
unluckytransitowner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 9:08 am

Re: MK6 Transit 2.0 wont start after stopping for a break

Postby wojciech » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:24 am

It can be immo fault. Did you read immobiliser codes?

http://mhhauto.com/Thread-Ford-Transit- ... mo-problem

---------------------------
Mk6 2,0 100T280 it isn't tdci. It must be tddi.
Tdci is 125T280. :wink:
User avatar
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:40 pm
Location: long way away

Re: MK6 Transit 2.0 wont start after stopping for a break

Postby nickwitts » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:12 am

If its a 2.0 litre Tdci it will be an injector issue / fuel issue ...especially if she kicks off on a bit of sniff and loses power when driving but resets by turning off and on the ignition while driving....do a leak off test on the injectors u probably have 1 or 2 failing
Find a part for your MK6 Transit - Tel 07790046681
nickwitts
Registered Trader
Registered Trader
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:53 am
Location: Hull, East Yorkshire

Re: MK6 Transit 2.0 wont start after stopping for a break

Postby unluckytransitowner » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:10 pm

Many Thanks guys I think I may have found the fault although not repaired yet

What I have found - The obvious starting place is the fuel filter so I removed the fuel filter and noticed there was no diesel in it maybe if the RAC guy checked this he would have found the fault by the roadside, the yellow cap at the bottom of the filter was wet with fuel and when blowing through the top of the filter it escapes out through this yellow cap. I'm assuming this must be some safety valve/seal that has broken. I have ordered a new filter I will prefill with diesel before fitting and see how it goes will let you all know if this fixes the problem Again thanks everyone for you suggestions.
unluckytransitowner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 9:08 am

Re: MK6 Transit 2.0 wont start after stopping for a break

Postby bigjohnthomas » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:14 pm

lolz
allcock
User avatar
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 26388
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Uranus

Re: MK6 Transit 2.0 wont start after stopping for a break

Postby dirtydog » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:57 pm

unluckytransitowner wrote:Many Thanks guys I think I may have found the fault although not repaired yet

What I have found - The obvious starting place is the fuel filter so I removed the fuel filter and noticed there was no diesel in it maybe if the RAC guy checked this he would have found the fault by the roadside, the yellow cap at the bottom of the filter was wet with fuel and when blowing through the top of the filter it escapes out through this yellow cap. I'm assuming this must be some safety valve/seal that has broken. I have ordered a new filter I will prefill with diesel before fitting and see how it goes will let you all know if this fixes the problem Again thanks everyone for you suggestions.



If it's the same as the mk5 filter that will be a water drain thing, unscrew it to let out any water that's gathered in the filter.
2006 Mk7 115 350 lwb, med high top
2006 Mk7 110 350 lwb, high top camper
User avatar
dirtydog
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 5696
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:56 pm
Location: Haslemere, Surrey

Re: MK6 Transit 2.0 wont start after stopping for a break

Postby unluckytransitowner » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:18 pm

All fixed now thanks

I fitted a new fuel filter (filling it with diesel first) purged the air out of the injectors by loosening the feed pipes a few cranks on the key and she burst back into life.
unluckytransitowner
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 9:08 am


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.