*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Sliding door window trim

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Sliding door window trim

Postby Andigalls » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:35 am

Morning guys, I've fitted an opening window on the sliding door and my mate seems to think there is a small stop of trim/wind deflector that I can buy, which fits directly in front of the sliding door, in the indentation. It's to stop wind noise apparently!!

Has anyone seen this trim/deflector? I've had a search but doesn't seem to bring one up!!

Cheers

Image
Image
Andigalls
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Sliding door window trim

Postby loot » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:26 am

Yes i have some for mine :-)
They are on the minibus. Ford want about 40 pounds each :-(
http://www.manchesterminibus.co.uk/wp-c ... inibus.jpg
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
User avatar
loot
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 34203
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Sliding door window trim

Postby Andigalls » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:38 am

loot wrote:Yes i have some for mine :-)
They are on the minibus. Ford want about 40 pounds each :-(
http://www.manchesterminibus.co.uk/wp-c ... inibus.jpg



Ah!!! Thanks for that mate, are they only available brought Ford then buddy? Are they worth it???

Thanks again
Andigalls
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Sliding door window trim

Postby loot » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:16 am

I got mine off a forum member 8) he's better than Ford you know :-)
I won't know if they make much wind difference till i fit them tho, but in all honesty my side windows don't really make any noise that I'm aware of so tbh they are probably more use decoratively.

I won't name drop but he'll read this and let you know if he can get any I'm sure :-)
Otherwise keep an eye out for minibus breakers.

There may or may not be a couple of different length ones available as per my conversion with the parts guy at quicko so you'll have to double check that before buying (not been an issue for me tho)
:-)
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
User avatar
loot
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 34203
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Sliding door window trim

Postby Andigalls » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:13 am

loot wrote:I got mine off a forum member 8) he's better than Ford you know :-)
I won't know if they make much wind difference till i fit them tho, but in all honesty my side windows don't really make any noise that I'm aware of so tbh they are probably more use decoratively.

I won't name drop but he'll read this and let you know if he can get any I'm sure :-)
Otherwise keep an eye out for minibus breakers.

There may or may not be a couple of different length ones available as per my conversion with the parts guy at quicko so you'll have to double check that before buying (not been an issue for me tho)
:-)



Great. Thanks again. I'll wait to see if your man pops on here that can get me them!!! Cheers again.
Andigalls
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Sliding door window trim

Postby Davcotts » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:33 pm

Also on Tourneo's, there is loads on the minicabs so in breakers yards regularly.
Davcotts
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: Sliding door window trim

Postby Andigalls » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:36 pm

Davcotts wrote:Also on Tourneo's, there is loads on the minicabs so in breakers yards regularly.



Thanks mate.
Andigalls
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:30 pm


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Sports140

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.

cron