Transitmania 10 @Santa Pod 18th to 20th May 2018


limp mode ????

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

limp mode ????

Postby scottie » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:20 pm

the other day i got a warning light on the dash, the cog with the exclamation mark in it

van had to throttle response, pulled over and turned it of and restarted it and it was fine, its done it a couple more times in the last week

any ideas ?

will get it plugged in when i get a chance
scottie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:43 pm

Re: limp mode ????

Postby knobby1 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:31 pm

scottie wrote:the other day i got a warning light on the dash, the cog with the exclamation mark in it

van had to throttle response, pulled over and turned it of and restarted it and it was fine, its done it a couple more times in the last week.....any ideas ? will get it plugged in when i get a chance


Would really help if you told us what van you had....guessing can lead to incorrect information.

And yes, you'll need to get the codes read, otherwise it becomesan expensive guessing game.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6571
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: limp mode ????

Postby scottie » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:18 pm

only done this once in the last 2 days, today i pulled over and let it tickover for a min, the revs wouldnt go about 2500 but has no power to pull the van, switched it of and restarted and it was fine again, drove great just like it has for the last few years

plugged it in and got these codes

P062b internal control module fuel injector control performance circuit below threshold pending DTC
P115a low fuel level forced limited power not current DTC
P404 EGR (ive got the EGR blanked)
P121c cylinder balance injector leaking not current DTC
scottie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:43 pm

Re: limp mode ????

Postby Altransit » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:22 pm

knobby1 wrote:Would really help if you told us what van you had....guessing can lead to incorrect information.

Lord Knobrot
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
User avatar
Altransit
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 31607
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:23 am
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire, UK

Re: limp mode ????

Postby scottie » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:32 pm

Altransit wrote:
knobby1 wrote:Would really help if you told us what van you had....guessing can lead to incorrect information.

Lord Knobrot



oops :-) its a 2007 2.2 FWD

also noticed anytime it does it im just about to pull away from lights etc
scottie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:43 pm


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]