*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Heated single seats from a mk7 tourneo

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Heated single seats from a mk7 tourneo

Postby camper-man » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:27 am

I have a rare pair of heated front seat "Both singles" from a 2011 tourneo "Am collecting them tomorrow,I want to fit them into a camper build and doing has anyone ever fitted them are they plug and play or not or does anyone even know?.Thanks in advance
camper-man
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Heated single seats from a mk7 tourneo

Postby knobby1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:17 am

camper-man wrote:I have a rare pair of heated front seat "Both singles" from a 2011 tourneo "Am collecting them tomorrow,I want to fit them into a camper build and doing has anyone ever fitted them are they plug and play or not or does anyone even know?.Thanks in advance

Unlikely your camper will have the wiring required as standard, what were you planning on plugging them into..?? Would also help if you told us what model van you're putting them into...??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Cider Andy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:14 pm

Heated seats are normally protected by Fuse 43 (20A) behind the glovebox. If the wiring's not present, you're in luck anyway as the heated seat switches mount in the front of the seat base. You can easily pick up a supply in the pre-fusebox under the driver's seat (I'd use one of the three 60A 'customer' supply terminals in there).
Drink moderately, eat healthily, exercise regularly, die anyway.
Cider Andy
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby camper-man » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:16 pm

Cider Andy wrote:Heated seats are normally protected by Fuse 43 (20A) behind the glovebox. If the wiring's not present, you're in luck anyway as the heated seat switches mount in the front of the seat base. You can easily pick up a supply in the pre-fusebox under the driver's seat (I'd use one of the three 60A 'customer' supply terminals in there).

I have the switches and everything but the loom on the tourneo I am taking them out off goes under the carpet on the drivers side and up behind the dash,So am hoping I can do what you say and take a live from somewhere else and under the seat would be great.
camper-man
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby pippin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:20 pm

Are you going to fit rotators under the cab seats?
That might making the wiring a bit tricky.
pippin
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits