*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ford transit mk7 2.2 tdci euroa wont start/lost fuel pressur

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Ford transit mk7 2.2 tdci euroa wont start/lost fuel pressur

Postby Cridicor » Thu May 06, 2021 9:34 pm

Hi!

Patient is Ford Transit mk7, 2013, 2.2l tdci duratorq, commonrail, 92kw, fwd, euro 5.

I had to change engine to my ford transit because oilpump broke down. Engine swap went fine and now I have new engine in my transit. New engine came to my bare so all auxiliar parts are from old setup, including injectors, pcm, sensors, etc. There was absolutely nothing wrong in car before the oil pump broke down. When oil pressure warning Light came out I shut the car by turnig key, so the engine did not shut down by itself.

When I try to start the new engine it wont start. No matter what. I red fault codes and there is no codes. I have checked with forscan that the Crank And camshaft sensors are syncronized. The engine timing is fine. Injectors correction values are correct. I have also tried to start the engine while bleeding fuel system with break bleeder. No help. I have also read the fuel pressure values while I try to start the car. Fuel pressure wont raise More than 1500-3000 kpa. Few times it raised to 90 000 - 120 000 kpa And the engine almost started. So I assume my problem is fuel pressure. Those few times when the fuel pressure raised enough I had to start about 15 second. Question is why fuel pressure wont raise enough? High pressure pump was fine while it was on old engine. I have checked high pressure pump pistons and their Springs and they are fine. Now my start motor starts to sound very lazy so I think I have broke it too by starting too long times. I have also changed Battery from another car hoping it was caused for bad battery, but not.

Any ideas and help is greatfull!
Cridicor

Re: Ford transit mk7 2.2 tdci euroa wont start/lost fuel pre

Postby knobby1 » Fri May 07, 2021 12:22 am

Give it a sniff of easy start or "Start ya b*stard"..

MGI160-start-ya-bastard-engine-start-150gImageMain-515.jpg

Lord Knobrot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Cridicor » Fri May 07, 2021 1:45 pm

Hi!

Engine is rebuild so I have tryed to avoid using any easy start products. I am scared of breaking something in new engine. Starts to seem that I dont have any other choices :shock:
Cridicor

Postby Frag » Fri May 07, 2021 2:28 pm

Is the low pressure in tank pump working ?
Inertia switch not tripped ?
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby Cridicor » Fri May 07, 2021 3:01 pm

Yes the low pressure pump is working. I have changed clear pipe from high pressure fuel pump to fuel filter. There is no air bubbles in line when not starting, but low pressure pump does not have enough power to press fuel throught the whole line so that the line would be totally full of fuel. There is about 15cm space where is not fuel. When I turn key to acc I hear pump snurring and see fuel level rising in clear fuel pipe.

Inertia switch tells me nothing. Can you tell me where to find it and how to check it?

I live desperate times so I allready bought starting spray but have not tried it yet :lol:

Edit
I google the inertia switch and I think I located it but it seems to be fine. Good to know there is switch like that if someday the car will move. There is yellow rubber hat over switch under passenger glove compartment. There was nothing to press down.
Cridicor

Postby Cridicor » Fri May 07, 2021 7:34 pm

I tried to spray little start spray and noticed that the start motor was not able to start the engine. Battery volts dropped to 7 volts while starting. Both batteries are in charging and when not starting the engine volts are 12.4. Can this problem be caused by faulty start motor?

Also, should there be any other ground points in the engine room than under start motor bolt? Smaller ground points there is of course.
Cridicor

Postby Cridicor » Mon May 24, 2021 4:58 pm

Hi!

I Made fuel misleak test and found out that my injectors was leaking trouhgt. I send them To check out and now I got them back fixed. Problem still not gone. When I start the engine fuel pressure wont rise more than 90-160kpa. Earlier it raised over 130000kpa and car almost started.
I have made update to injectors correction values after them reparation.

I have also checked high pressure pump and it seems to be fine. I twisted it with wrench and fuel flow out of it over 5m away. So I doupt it would be broken. Also pressure line pressure sensor seemed to be working.

Any ideas?
Cridicor

Postby Cridicor » Tue May 25, 2021 5:50 pm

Update

Today I took off high pressure fuel pipe from high pressure pump to fuel rail and started engine. Figured out that really small amount of fuel comes from high pressure pump when I start the engine. In forscan there is FPCVDC. When I start the engine FPCVDC is about 1 second ~20% most of time it is 0%. Could my problem be broken scv valve?
Is there any change to force any values to scv In Forscan?
Cridicor

Postby knobby1 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:29 pm

Cridicor wrote:Update

Today I took off high pressure fuel pipe from high pressure pump to fuel rail and started engine. Figured out that really small amount of fuel comes from high pressure pump when I start the engine. In forscan there is FPCVDC. When I start the engine FPCVDC is about 1 second ~20% most of time it is 0%. Could my problem be broken scv valve?
Is there any change to force any values to scv In Forscan?

2013 Euro-5 doesn't have an SCV like the Euro-4's. They do have a solenoid type valve though.

When you crack or open one of the high pressure fuel lines, the system "thinks" it has a leak and will not energize the fuel valve or injectors. It's a safety thing I believe.

http://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en&l= ... EzMw%3D%3D

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits