*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 locking it self please help...

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk7 locking it self please help...

Postby mintyfoord » Fri May 07, 2021 9:29 pm

Alright all so my 08 mk7 swb is locking it self as soon as you start the van or when you get out and close the door it even some time tries to lock the doors when you get out the drivers door is which is still open it sounds the horn and locks unlocks

There is no warning lights on the dash

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
mintyfoord
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Mk7 locking it self please help...

Postby knobby1 » Fri May 07, 2021 10:12 pm

It beeps and unlocks itself becuase it "thinks" a door is open. One or more of the lock mechanisms or their looms is not well.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby mintyfoord » Sat May 08, 2021 5:49 am

It's mostly locking it self as soon as i start it up currently instead of hitting 5mph you can hear the relay ( pass side under glovebox) going for 5mins then it will stop clicking problem is all the faults I've said can be so hit and miss

mintyfoord
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Frag » Sat May 08, 2021 11:19 am

My ‘07 plate mk7 was doing this,had a dodgy front abs sensor and the speedo would spike slightly,usually on start up which then triggers the deadlock by speed,without even moving.
It would potential lock you out of van,if you closed the door with or without it running and keys in...

You can either turn deadlock by speed off and see if this stops it,or,watch the speedo needle when you start it up see if it flicks up slightly as the doors lock.

The nsf abs sensor gave up eventually,when I replaced it,the end was damaged as though someone had caught it doing discs,wheel bearing,driveshaft etc,etc....
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby mintyfoord » Sat May 08, 2021 2:14 pm

Frag wrote:My ‘07 plate mk7 was doing this,had a dodgy front abs sensor and the speedo would spike slightly,usually on start up which then triggers the deadlock by speed,without even moving.
It would potential lock you out of van,if you closed the door with or without it running and keys in...

You can either turn deadlock by speed off and see if this stops it,or,watch the speedo needle when you start it up see if it flicks up slightly as the doors lock.

The nsf abs sensor gave up eventually,when I replaced it,the end was damaged as though someone had caught it doing discs,wheel bearing,driveshaft etc,etc....
I will definitely look into that !

mintyfoord
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits