*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

How shafted was I... MOT

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: How shafted was I... MOT

Postby Mike » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:02 pm

V184 wrote:
Just the one that you instigated :wink:

LOL, how on earth could I do that? To my knowledge I’ve never reported anyone on this forum, people in glass houses and all that. I don’t care enough about what people say or think about me to be bothered enough to complain about them, even an insufferable cockwomble like you. I’d much rather have you here to take the piss out of you :mrgreen:
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby V184 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:30 pm

Mike wrote:
V184 wrote:

LOL, how on earth could I do that? To my knowledge I’ve never reported anyone on this forum, people in glass houses and all that. I don’t care enough about what people say or think about me to be bothered enough to complain about them, even an insufferable cockwomble like you. I’d much rather have you here to take the piss out of you :mrgreen:

:roll: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :roll:
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby dumper » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:04 am

Mike wrote:
V184 wrote:

Hi Mike maybe not I talked a Ford mechanic that I meet at car rallies to joint the forum and he had a slight disagreement with you and he go a message from the moderator telling him off and warning him now he would have been a good source of in formation for us but he just said stuff it and will not be back .
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:18 am

He sounds a bit delicate, and I’d expect the mods to look favourably on input from a Ford tech unless they were abusive.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby dumper » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:44 pm

I don’t know the guys name or what username he had I’ve only met him twice the second time he told me he’s version of what had happened now when I was talking to him I think it was coconut who had problems with his employer so it’s possible he never said he was a Ford tec.
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Brettbear63 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:21 am

I suppose if/when we take our vehicle into a garage we are at the mercy of what they charge , and therefore that would decide if we went back there or found somewhere else , plenty of garages out there , some with competent mechanics , " Hi Rob " and others with not.
Brettbear63
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby WheelyBigBox » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:54 am

ukbrad wrote:How shafted was I, how much would you expect this job to usually cost. At £800 in total on a 2008 this has to go down as my most expensive MOT yet.

Transits are not cheap to run or maintain. Yes you may well have been done on your brake pipes but sanding them down and greasing them up doesn't always work. I have an old renault parked up which had corroded brake lines. They looked like it was just surface corrosion. When i dropped the rear subframe that corrosion was actually rot - the thing just disintegrated - no snapping, it literally just turned into pieces of dust. You can replace them yourself (which is what i did) but you need to have nerves of steel and practice making the pipe flares (not easy unless you're a mechanic doing it daily). You might want to get yourself a brake pipe flare tool for the future as mechanics can pretty much charge what they want for brake pipes and nobody really challenges them - it's safety critical! The problem now is you can't really go back and ask for your money back - it's done. You need to put it down to experience and move on with your life. Next time, SHOP AROUND!
2002 Mk6 2.4L T330 (Turbo) 90HP with Auto gearbox / clutch / shifter.

Also has a built in brown trouser momenter due to the novel rear suspension and a "this'll cost a lot to fix" thought generator :!:
WheelyBigBox
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Brettbear63 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:25 am

Adding in the cost of moving the vehicle to another garage for a different mot tester and then failing on the brake pipes or even that guy finding something the first guy passed it could soon bring the actual original cost of the pipes up to a frightening level .
Brettbear63
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits