*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Drivers rear door wiring loom

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Drivers rear door wiring loom

Postby yachtmustang » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:09 am

I know there have been some threads on this already but my Transit has a 6C1T-18C394 MH connector in the rear door with 2 connectors in the rear light cluster that feed it. At least two of the wires are for the heated rear window and the rest are for the central locking. All the wires between the light cluster and the door are broken and all 8 are black so its impossible to identify what connects to what. Does anybody have any advice. Thx.
yachtmustang

Re: Drivers rear door wiring loom

Postby knobby1 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:20 pm

You'll need to run a meter over them to isolate which does what. After all the lights have been found, the rest must be central locking/heated window etc.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby yachtmustang » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:04 pm

Hi Lord Knowbrot

Sorry for the dumb question but how will the meter tell me which wires go where? The two for the rear heater are easy as they're heavier gauge (shown in bottom pic) but the others are all black and same gauge so impossible to see what goes where. Attached are pics of loom connectors that sit in the rear light cluster - all the wires from these go into the drivers side door (and the only things in the door are the central locking and the heater). Cheers.
IMG_5515.JPG

IMG_5514.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yachtmustang

Postby knobby1 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:39 pm

The connector in the picture isn't for the rear light clusters, so must be for the central locking, heated rear windows or wipers if fitted...?

For the clusters, get yourself a simple test light/screwdriver, turn indicators on, the wire that flashes will be for them. Then do the same for reverse, brake lights...parkers, fogs etc... It's just a simple process of elemination.

Use a multimeter to find the earth wire, it will have continuity to the body.

Another way is to follow the traces in the cluster to the relevant bulb and wire at the connector...an elimination process.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby yachtmustang » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:07 am

Hi

None of my problem is with the lights or the light cluster, as these aren't in the rear door. All the loom wiring that goes into the door (and is cut) is for the window heater and for the central locking door. The connector in the door has 6 wires coming out of it (one that goes to the window heater for some weird reason). So my problem is which of the wires in the two connectors (in the pics) should be connected to which of the six wires in the door connector. Hope that makes sense
yachtmustang

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits