*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK7 sliding door won't Unlock

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

MK7 sliding door won't Unlock

Postby TangTransit » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:48 pm

For a while now I've been having issues with my central locking so I decided to investigate. The side door has intermittently worked since I've owned the van, however the last 3 times using the van it has only locked and not unlocked via the central locking, so I have had to climb through and use the manual knob. it all unlocked fine this time, but after adjusting a few door guides and testing the contacts it's packed up completely. The front and rear doors still function as they should, So I'm assuming the mech has had it.

I'm looking for help and how to manually disengage the side door lock, I've tried taking power directly to the lock but to no luck. When manually turning the black knob to unlock the door it sprang back and collapsed so now I have no way to turn it manually as it has disappeared inside the casing.
Does anybody know how to disengage the lock? or a trick to get the door open another way? It's a camper and My bed is at the rear doors and making it a nightmare getting into the back.

I should also add I don't have a key fob.

It's a Hi-Top LWB MK7

Thanks in advance.
TangTransit 8)
TangTransit

Re: MK7 sliding door won't Unlock

Postby TheCake » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:26 pm

you may be able to remove panel from the door to remove lock and mechanism and might be worth checking the wiring incase there is a broken or frayed cable in there.
is that rust spot new?

2010 mk7 t260 85 p.o.s. FWD, SWB
TheCake
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby TangTransit » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:02 pm

Checked the wiring and put power to the door motor. It locks just doesn't unlock. Now all the mech seems to have collapsed inside the unit. Was hoping to avoid having to open the mech up as it's very awkward and hardly any room, but it's looking more that way.
TangTransit 8)
TangTransit

Postby Scooby doo » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:22 am

Try what I did, remove the black knob, slide a flat head screwdriver in there, wiggle it around while using the fob to lock and unlock, you’ll find it will work, may take a few tries…
There’s a latch inside the mech and the black knob connects to which unlocks it and locks it, once you find that it should open…
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby TangTransit » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:03 pm

Got it off, had to drill it in the end. Thanks for the suggestions but the mech had completely collapsed inside so the deadlock was jammed.
TangTransit 8)
TangTransit

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits