*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 Transit p0089 - Pressure regualtor

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk7 Transit p0089 - Pressure regualtor

Postby apartransit » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:10 am

Hello everyone,

My problem starts last year when my transit started from time to time to lose power after a certain period of time, i did have not enough fuel pressure due to Pressure Regulator (Pegeout OEM, same as ford but much more cheaper). I changed it in september2021 and everything was fine for a while. The car was left aside for a while from september to march due to some mechanical problem with gearbox, unrelated with this.
Starting from march, the van was ok for a short period of time when i felt again that loose of pressure, but this time was much much worse than the last time. I put my elm327 with Forscan into the obd and i was the error was again p0089 and while i drove it for testing i saw the pressure diference from Fuel Pressure Demanded and Fuel Pressure that was actually going into the injectors.
Last week i replaced again Pressure regulator control Valve (DELPHI), the error code did not erased itself, but the car was doing very well for first 200-250kilometers, but after my fuel level dropped under a certain level, i felt again lose of power and started noticing black smoke behind. This time the lack of pressure was different and when i checked with FORDSCAN again the parameters, i noticed that (1) i get aproximately same pressure to injectors as demanded, but this time (2) i dont get turbo pressure. The air pressure stays flat at 100.0kpa.
The van feels like non-turbo engine, i suppose that black smoke behind car is due to rich fuel/air mix ratio. The error p0089 is still there, what i should do about it? Should i messure resistance from car connector? Turbo acctuator is stuck?

Let me thank all of you for reading this long post firstly and i hope you are all ok out there. If someone could spell out his thoughs, i would appreciate.
apartransit
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Mk7 Transit p0089 - Pressure regualtor

Postby knobby1 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:41 am

Which model Mk7 Transit do you have..?? Euro-4 or Euro-5..??

Delphi is for Mk6 fuel systems, Denso is Mk7 Euro-4 and Seimens is for Mk7 Euro-5.

With the black smoke and lack of boost pressure, check for split boost pipes and/or intercooler....or even a dead turbo.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby apartransit » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:06 am

I appologise for misleading you. I have MK7 2.4TDCI Euro 4 100hp 5speed DENSO Pressure Regulator. Turbo was refurbished in winter.
I will check the pipes later today or tomorrow and i will come back with results.
apartransit
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby TheCake » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:21 pm

did you do the learns after changing the pressure regulator? (im guessing you mean the scv/suction control valve) as if you didnt youll have issues with fuel delivery again.
the learns are essential when replacing any fueling parts ie. injectors/scv/prv.
is that rust spot new?

2010 mk7 t260 85 p.o.s. FWD, SWB
TheCake
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby apartransit » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:55 pm

Hello everyone. I tried to delete the error with my ELM and forscan, but the error is not going away. Without deleting it i cannot do learning pump proccedure
I figgured out what the problem was with turbo, it had nothing to do with PRV but the actuator rod fell off.

What do you recoomend me to do about the error? Thank you for you time!
apartransit
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits