*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Compatible Audio/Carplay units for my Transit (See Sig)

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Compatible Audio/Carplay units for my Transit (See Sig)

Postby Longford » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:21 pm

Looking at replacing my Head Unit that comes as standard in my Transit, Need CarPlay, Sat Nav, USB and reversing cam.
Audio Head Unit 125 T350.jpg

Any recommendations
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ford Transit 2.2 125 T350 H-R P-V 0dr 2013 on a 63 plate H3 L3 Refrigeration Van but the refrigeration isn't working.
Longford
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Compatible Audio/Carplay units for my Transit (See Sig)

Postby knobby1 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:15 pm

Longford wrote:Looking at replacing my Head Unit that comes as standard in my Transit, Need CarPlay, Sat Nav, USB and reversing cam.

Any recommendations

There's gazillions of them on Fleabay..:

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby nickrroo » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:49 pm

I'm going to upgrade the speakers first as even with the standard head unit you cant hear much. Then i'll do the head unit after.
nickrroo

Postby Noctule » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:10 pm

knobby1 wrote:
Longford wrote:Looking at replacing my Head Unit that comes as standard in my Transit, Need CarPlay, Sat Nav, USB and reversing cam.

Any recommendations

There's gazillions of them on Fleabay..:

Lord Knobrot

And some of them are rubbish.
2000 Mk5 HiCube self-build camper
- 2.5tdi 4EA with EPIC-to-Bosch conversion
- DRW with 16" rims
- Mondeo instrument cluster
- Lunar Meteorite interior

2006 Mk7 115t350 van (cheap tax tramp)

Previously...
Mk5 100 swb Custom
Mk5 190 lwb x3
Noctule
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby M3Stig » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:29 pm

https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/produc ... -40124.htm very good headunit they have newer models but this one i have in mine and love it
M3Stig
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby M3Stig » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:29 pm

M3Stig
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ray1965 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:02 am

dont forget to retain your original head unit, as everytime you disconnect the battery or program something in Forscan it resets the vans internal clock, and the only way to re set that, seems to be with the original head unit coded to the vehicle

also by changing the head unit, my van now holds a fault code, that when googled, basically says incompatible head unit for the vehicle, which disappears when the original is re fitted

and i only fitted a factory fit Sony/Ford 6cd head unit, but the van wont accep[t and time or date programming from it, so you have to program from the original, first, for the clock to work on the upgraded one

i suspect aftermarket ones probably dont talk to the BCM in the same way and have an independant clock
ray1965
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Tango330 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:34 pm

ray1965 wrote:dont forget to retain your original head unit, as everytime you disconnect the battery or program something in Forscan it resets the vans internal clock, and the only way to re set that, seems to be with the original head unit coded to the vehicle

also by changing the head unit, my van now holds a fault code, that when googled, basically says incompatible head unit for the vehicle, which disappears when the original is re fitted

and i only fitted a factory fit Sony/Ford 6cd head unit, but the van wont accep[t and time or date programming from it, so you have to program from the original, first, for the clock to work on the upgraded one

i suspect aftermarket ones probably dont talk to the BCM in the same way and have an independant clock

Wondered why my clock would never adjust for the clock changes, spent half the year being an hour out :roll: :lol: :lol:
T330 RWD now sold
Ford Ranger Wildtrack now sold

MI 5 sacked me from my job as an interrogator this morning, didn't like to ask why :?
Tango330
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby MattD » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:48 am

Mine has a single din Sony headunit fitted by the previous owner and the clock is changed using the indicator stalk for the on board computer settings.
MattD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ray1965 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:53 am

MattD wrote:Mine has a single din Sony headunit fitted by the previous owner and the clock is changed using the indicator stalk for the on board computer settings.

i have the high clocks, but theres no clock options on it, unless im having a thick patch and missing it
can you run thru the options your going thru to get to that pls
ray1965
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ray1965 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:19 am

ha, that forced me to read my hand books lol, so the van knows fairly much what your doing, with an original head unit and no cd player, it should put the clock on the dash, and adjustable from there, same with an aftermarket unit, if the head unit is a ford one with a cd player and clock, then its adjusted and displayed from the head unit

the booklet for the head units does say that you can adjust /change the vin no held in the head unit
has anuone done this, and does this then allow setting of the clock from the new head unit
ray1965
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby M3Stig » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:19 pm

never had an issue changing mine but i dont have high clocks
M3Stig
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ray1965 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:35 am

M3Stig wrote:never had an issue changing mine but i dont have high clocks

even when i had the low clocks, the time clock was on the original head unit not the dash, and changing the head unit, the van wouldnt accept the time and date settings, and does not revert it to the dash clocks if disconnected

the only way my van accepts the time and date, is to put the original head unit in, program it, remove it, pout the new one in, and the van then sets the head unit

which seems to be inline with what the handbook is saying

now i know the radio code is generated from the vin no. held within the head unit, the handbook says that vin no can be changed, so does changing it, change the code and also allow the clock to be adjusted from the new head unit

just wondered if anyone has done or tried this before i bugger up a head unit lol
ray1965
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Longford » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:42 pm

Ok, so, I've gone and done bought me one of these: Youtube Demo I think Ive just entered a whole world of hurt hahaha {nervous laugh} Bought it Via AliExpress the only thing it doesn't have is DAB/DAB+ but I don't listen to the radio much at all anyway, although it does have FM, I'm pretty sure it has Canbus profiles to keep steering column functions but we'll soon find out.

This is the Aliexpress page and it does say it supports steering column controls. Link to AliExpress Page
Ford Transit 2.2 125 T350 H-R P-V 0dr 2013 on a 63 plate H3 L3 Refrigeration Van but the refrigeration isn't working.
Longford
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits