*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Service oil now

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Service oil now

Postby quirkycampervan » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:55 pm

Hi,
I'm getting the Service Oil Now message. Does this mean change the oil or does it mean service the vehicle _and_ change the oil? If it's service the vehicle what level of service? The manual says "Have your vehicle checked by properly trained technicians."

Thanks
quirkycampervan

Re: Service oil now

Postby quirkycampervan » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:57 pm

Sorry, 2013 Mk7 FWD 2.2L engine
quirkycampervan

Postby knobby1 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:23 pm

quirkycampervan wrote:Sorry, 2013 Mk7 FWD 2.2L engine

When was a service last done..?? The "service spanner light or warning" is usually mileage or time dependant.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ray1965 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:34 pm

service oil low message on the high clocks is described in the handbook, but i dont have the book here, and for the life of me i cant remember the exact description, but look in your handbook
ray1965
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby quirkycampervan » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:01 am

ray1965 wrote:service oil low message on the high clocks is described in the handbook, but i dont have the book here, and for the life of me i cant remember the exact description, but look in your handbook

Sorry for delay in replying, I am not getting email notifications for some reason.

The manual just says "Have your vehicle checked by properly trained technicians."
Last edited by quirkycampervan on Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
quirkycampervan

Postby quirkycampervan » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:10 am

knobby1 wrote:
quirkycampervan wrote:Sorry, 2013 Mk7 FWD 2.2L engine

When was a service last done..?? The "service spanner light or warning" is usually mileage or time dependant.

Lord Knobrot

I don't know when the last full service was done but it has had some servicing.

The spanner light didn't come on, the message indicator light (warning triangle) came on with message Service Oil Now.

I'm confused by the time or mileage requirements. I have never seen the spanner light. My Haynes manual gives some suggestions for jobs to do at different intervals. Do Ford publish a service routine somewhere?
quirkycampervan

Postby ray1965 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:15 pm

from the way i interpret it, from the hand book and the net, theres a sensor that knows if the oil is getting sludgy, then it says service oil now, (in english it needs an oil service), in other words it nees an oil change, regardless of mileage or time, but its also very important as with all modern engines that you do a flush at the same time
ray1965
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Knobby2515 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:25 pm

Mine did that.

I had all the filters changed and all fluids by a bloke at work. Then after that light and the spanner light came up. Lasted a few mins then went away.
I put it down to the fact the sensors picked up that the oils or filters had been altered or something and it then sorted itself out. Never came back since.
2012 MK7
100 T330 2.2 with 150hp Vanunter upgrade
MWB Semi-high roof
2.2 - 6 speed RWD
Air-con, heated screen, front fog lamps, cruise control, twin slide doors
Knobby2515
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby knobby1 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:15 pm

Knobby2515 wrote:Mine did that.

I had all the filters changed and all fluids by a bloke at work. Then after that light and the spanner light came up. Lasted a few mins then went away.
I put it down to the fact the sensors picked up that the oils or filters had been altered or something and it then sorted itself out. Never came back since.

I don't think the sensor/system is smart enough to know if the filter has been changed or if the oil is new or old.... It's described in the parts list as an "oil level sensor", #6C624 here:

http://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en&l= ... MysxMzM%3D

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby quirkycampervan » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:44 pm

quirkycampervan wrote:
The spanner light didn't come on, the message indicator light (warning triangle) came on with message Service Oil Now.

I'm confused by the time or mileage requirements. I have never seen the spanner light. My Haynes manual gives some suggestions for jobs to do at different intervals. Do Ford publish a service routine somewhere?

Well at least I think I've explained the spanner bit. Mine seems to be a "high series instrument panel". They don't do a spanner light, they have a warning light and a short message in an LCD panel in the dash. Low instrument panel versions have the spanner.
quirkycampervan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits