*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK7 2.4 RWD codes galore

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

MK7 2.4 RWD codes galore

Postby arrolman » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:43 pm

Hi all,

Having all sorts of fun with the transit the now, 2.4 MK7 RWD, got P0234, P0299 and P2563 PCM codes. P0299 and P2563 OBD codes and C0062:54-2B, C1A92:14-2B and U0401:86-2B ABS codes. Great. So getting underboost and overboost on turbo, EGR is deleted and had new actuator few months ago. The actuator arm is free and moves hot or cold no probs. Occasional EML light and engine lights. Goes into limp mode but can usually switch ignition off and get it back to driving normal, can go into limp mode at any time though. Any thoughts? ABS is saying N/S rear ABS sensor is faulty, replaced with new. Still same fault, cant see any wiring issues? ABS rings look good, cleaned them up but no difference/ Like to sort myself as need it for work but bit stumped with it.

Cheers,
Iain
07" T330 2.4 Tdci RWD
arrolman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: MK7 2.4 RWD codes galore

Postby knobby1 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:56 pm

arrolman wrote:Hi all,

Having all sorts of fun with the transit the now, 2.4 MK7 RWD, got P0234, P0299 and P2563 PCM codes. P0299 and P2563 OBD codes and C0062:54-2B, C1A92:14-2B and U0401:86-2B ABS codes. Great. So getting underboost and overboost on turbo, EGR is deleted and had new actuator few months ago. The actuator arm is free and moves hot or cold no probs. Occasional EML light and engine lights. Goes into limp mode but can usually switch ignition off and get it back to driving normal, can go into limp mode at any time though. Any thoughts? ABS is saying N/S rear ABS sensor is faulty, replaced with new. Still same fault, cant see any wiring issues? ABS rings look good, cleaned them up but no difference/ Like to sort myself as need it for work but bit stumped with it.

Cheers,
Iain

Assuming it's a 2.4 140 as you mention the actuator..?? Overboost/underboost fault codes are usually caused by a poorly EGR, either sticking partially open or closed. You mentioned the EGR was "deleted"...Was the EGR valve properly mapped out..?? Just blanking it will throw fault codes. Sounds like it's still "electrically" active in the system.

Rear ABS sensor faults are usually an issue with the wiring where the ABS sensor loom goes over the rear axle towards the front....check for continuity....it's possibly a break "inside" the loom itself, the sensors themselves rarely fail.

Are "ALL" your tyres the same size..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: MK7 2.4 RWD codes galore

Postby arrolman » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:53 am

Hi Knobby,

All tryre's same size and make. EGR was deleted from ECU about 2 years ago, had no problems till actuator started playing up, changed it for new one and ran fine for a couple of months, now same problems again. I have had a new injector fitted when the injector seals etc were done and garage did ask about the disconnected EGR, presume nothing was done electronically to alter any previous maps etc when new injector was coded. Next dry day I get will have another look at ABS wiring, hopefully just a simple fault.

Cheers,
Iain
07" T330 2.4 Tdci RWD
arrolman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits