*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Love my transit but it's driving me crazy and poor.

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Love my transit but it's driving me crazy and poor.

Postby @home » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:49 pm

Will the mass air flow sensor ping a light on my dash if disconnected. My transit 2010 2.2 clutch went, smashed rocker and cam. Had that all replaced then black smoke started . Two of my injectors where over fueling. Had them changed But still its burning black. No codes are coming up. Drives well apart from smoke sounds ok considering. Had EGR off cleaned. Map sensor off cleaned. Diesel pump pressure valve was clean. Turbo seems ok. When removing MAF sensor noticed it did not come up on dash as a fault. Is this normal.
@home

Re: Love my transit but it's driving me crazy and poor.

Postby knobby1 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:17 am

@home wrote:Will the mass air flow sensor ping a light on my dash if disconnected. My transit 2010 2.2 clutch went, smashed rocker and cam. Had that all replaced then black smoke started . Two of my injectors where over fueling. Had them changed But still its burning black. No codes are coming up. Drives well apart from smoke sounds ok considering. Had EGR off cleaned. Map sensor off cleaned. Diesel pump pressure valve was clean. Turbo seems ok. When removing MAF sensor noticed it did not come up on dash as a fault. Is this normal.

Black smoke is usually caused by a boost leak, have you checked all the turbo boost pipes and the intercooler for leaks..?? How do you know two of your injector were "overfueling"..?? If the MAF sensor is unplugged it should indeed throw a fault code but not necessarily a fault light..

Why did the rocker and cam get damaged..?? Did the cam chain jump..??

What fault codes are you getting.??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby @home » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:39 pm

Sorry about the double post new too the site and trying to get to grips with it and felt this title did not specific the need or intrest.

I am very new to engines too and how they work. Big learning curves. The guy said that the rocker must have broke when the clutch went I believed what he said. As I left it with him while I went away came back and he said it would not start so he took head off and showed me damage.

Had the injectors out and sent off to be tested after some one had plugged it in and said something was wrong.

But the black smoke persists. Il look into the parts you have mentioned.

Thank you for your help.
@home

Postby @home » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:59 pm

Forgot to mention. When this guy put all new stuff in he missed crack in cam casing which broke and again broke two rockers and he started it out of time. It sounds like I have done all this but its not. Wish I had had ago it could not have gone any worse.
@home

Postby knobby1 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:45 pm

@home wrote:Sorry about the double post new too the site and trying to get to grips with it and felt this title did not specific the need or intrest.

I am very new to engines too and how they work. Big learning curves. The guy said that the rocker must have broke when the clutch went I believed what he said. As I left it with him while I went away came back and he said it would not start so he took head off and showed me damage.

Had the injectors out and sent off to be tested after some one had plugged it in and said something was wrong.

But the black smoke persists. Il look into the parts you have mentioned.

Thank you for your help.

Clutch failure will "NOT" cause rocker, cam or cyl head damage, they'e not physically connected....I don't know how your "mechanic" can say this. Doesn't make sense.....In my humble opinon, he may have messed up the crank sensor or it's wiring when the gearbox was out, it won't start if this is the case....then when it wouldn't start, he may possibly have checked/screwed up the cam timing....tried to start it ...which has then caused the rocker damage. On these engines it's not necessary to pull the head off if the cam timing is not correct....it normally just damages/cracks/breaks the rocker ladder or pulls the bolts that hold it on.

Is it the cyl head he has removed or just the black rocker cover..?? Either way, you need to find someone who knows what they're doing.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits