*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 no dash power

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk7 no dash power

Postby Dubsy » Sat May 27, 2023 10:55 am

Hi there new to this site my issue is was driving my 2013 mk7 transit when the radio went off all dash lights off no speedo rev counter or fuel gauge indicators & hazards not working no power to obd port back lights not working interior lights not working remote on key not working what is working are head lights brake lights heater controls window wipers esp on dash cigarette lighter/power point working van starts and drives ive changed the ignition plug had the clocks/ dash refurbished checked all fuses any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance
Dubsy

Re: Mk7 no dash power

Postby knobby1 » Sat May 27, 2023 10:25 pm

Dubsy wrote:Hi there new to this site my issue is was driving my 2013 mk7 transit when the radio went off all dash lights off no speedo rev counter or fuel gauge indicators & hazards not working no power to obd port back lights not working interior lights not working remote on key not working what is working are head lights brake lights heater controls window wipers esp on dash cigarette lighter/power point working van starts and drives ive changed the ignition plug had the clocks/ dash refurbished checked all fuses any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Welcome to the mad house. Multiple electrical failures is often a poorly earth...or seven.

Interior lights and OBD port share the same fuse, #72 behind the glovebox.

You may want to use a bit of punctuation as your one big, long sentence is a bit difficult to read easily.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Dubsy » Sun May 28, 2023 8:10 pm

Thanks sorry about punctuation never really went to school checked all fuses do you know where all the earth points are to check ie usual suspects
Dubsy

Postby knobby1 » Mon May 29, 2023 12:37 am

Dubsy wrote:Thanks sorry about punctuation never really went to school checked all fuses do you know where all the earth points are to check ie usual suspects

There's a multitude of earths on the Transits....many under and behind the dash, in the engine bay and around the body...

Earth points.PNG

Lord Knobrot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Dubsy » Mon May 29, 2023 8:11 am

Thank you will check and let you know if any are broken or corroded
Dubsy

Postby Dubsy » Tue May 30, 2023 10:26 am

All sorted it was fuse f7 behind battery hope this helps anyone who comes across this issue had to check with multimeter as no way of telling it was blown
Dubsy

Postby Altransit » Tue May 30, 2023 10:08 pm

I would be worried as to what caused a 60 amp fuse to blow, rather than a smaller fuse in the box that it supplies.
Fingers crossed that it was just a fluke :?
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby amlav » Wed May 31, 2023 8:39 am

Altransit wrote:I would be worried as to what caused a 60 amp fuse to blow, rather than a smaller fuse in the box that it supplies.
Fingers crossed that it was just a fluke :?

Sure I would be too.....
amlav
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby marcrbarker » Wed May 31, 2023 4:49 pm

60 amp? ye gods. Some tips about fuses, if you're expecting that fuse might blow again, connect a small light bulb across it, poke the light bulb wires into where the fuse plugs in and the fuse onto them. The moment fuse blows the light lights up so you don't have to remove fuse to check it. Years ago there used to be blown fuse indicators like this on industrial machines.
When testing a fuse never remove it, instead dab your tester accross the pins poking through the top of fuse. that's what there for. another tip is if a fuse keeps blowing use instead an indicator or headlight bulb in its place. when the fault comes the light lights up to indicate there's a fault happening , limits the current in the meantime and gives you the chance to waggle around wire harnesses that might be shorting
marcrbarker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits