*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


MK6 2003 Transit stolen second set of keyswant to reprogram

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

MK6 2003 Transit stolen second set of keyswant to reprogram

Postby sto » Thu May 16, 2024 12:35 am

Hi FT Forum,
I'm kind of freaking out a bit at the moment.
My house was broken into on Mothers day, they kicked down the front door and tore the place apart, took all the keys in the house. Proceeded to load my Volkswagen Golf in the garage with my possessions and stole the car and drove off.
I was out with my van at the time.

Now given that they have the spare keys for my van (and I'm sure they were scoping my house) I'm worried they will come back and steal my van any time its left unattended.
I've been disabling the van by pulling some fuses when its parked and have ordered a complete set of locks to replace.
But I want to reprogram the transponder.

I have ELM327 and can connect with Forscan however I do not see any PATS programming section in the application.

Can anyone please give me some assistance to help remove the existing transponder and reprogram the remaining one?
sto
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:07 am
Location: Gold Coast Australia

Re: MK6 2003 Transit stolen second set of keyswant to reprog

Postby knobby1 » Thu May 16, 2024 10:16 pm

sto wrote:Hi FT Forum,
I'm kind of freaking out a bit at the moment.
My house was broken into on Mothers day, they kicked down the front door and tore the place apart, took all the keys in the house. Proceeded to load my Volkswagen Golf in the garage with my possessions and stole the car and drove off.
I was out with my van at the time.

Now given that they have the spare keys for my van (and I'm sure they were scoping my house) I'm worried they will come back and steal my van any time its left unattended.
I've been disabling the van by pulling some fuses when its parked and have ordered a complete set of locks to replace.
But I want to reprogram the transponder.

I have ELM327 and can connect with Forscan however I do not see any PATS programming section in the application.

Can anyone please give me some assistance to help remove the existing transponder and reprogram the remaining one?


Sorry to hear of your issue. When you say "transponder" are you talking about the receiver ring around the ignition barrel..?? If so, it is plug 'n play...no programming needed. The new keys can be programmed into the system without using Forscan on a Mk6. I'm not totally sure, but I think this will also disable the old keys...which I think is what you're after.?? The system can handle a maximum of 8 keys in total.

The old ELM-327 is no longer fully supported in the latest version of Forscan, (V2.3.60). You also need the "extended license" to access the module programming sections within Forscan.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 15980
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: MK6 2003 Transit stolen second set of keyswant to reprog

Postby Altransit » Thu May 16, 2024 10:30 pm

knobby1 wrote: The new keys can be programmed into the system without using Forscan on a Mk6. I'm not totally sure, but I think this will also disable the old keys...which I think is what you're after.?? The system can handle a maximum of 8 keys in total.

Unfortunately, you need two original keys to program extra keys on the Mk6, using the van's software, so you'll need Ford IDS to do it without having those 2 keys.
As said, adding new keys will lock out any old ones, unless re-added in at the same time. The same goes for the remotes.
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
User avatar
Altransit
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 40337
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:23 am
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire, UK

Re: MK6 2003 Transit stolen second set of keyswant to reprog

Postby sto » Fri May 17, 2024 5:56 am

knobby1 wrote:
sto wrote:Hi FT Forum,
I'm kind of freaking out a bit at the moment.
My house was broken into on Mothers day, they kicked down the front door and tore the place apart, took all the keys in the house. Proceeded to load my Volkswagen Golf in the garage with my possessions and stole the car and drove off.
I was out with my van at the time.

Now given that they have the spare keys for my van (and I'm sure they were scoping my house) I'm worried they will come back and steal my van any time its left unattended.
I've been disabling the van by pulling some fuses when its parked and have ordered a complete set of locks to replace.
But I want to reprogram the transponder.

I have ELM327 and can connect with Forscan however I do not see any PATS programming section in the application.

Can anyone please give me some assistance to help remove the existing transponder and reprogram the remaining one?


Sorry to hear of your issue. When you say "transponder" are you talking about the receiver ring around the ignition barrel..?? If so, it is plug 'n play...no programming needed. The new keys can be programmed into the system without using Forscan on a Mk6. I'm not totally sure, but I think this will also disable the old keys...which I think is what you're after.?? The system can handle a maximum of 8 keys in total.

The old ELM-327 is no longer fully supported in the latest version of Forscan, (V2.3.60). You also need the "extended license" to access the module programming sections within Forscan.

Lord Knobrot


Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I was able to get the PATS programming section to show up after buying the extended license.

When I said transponder I meant the 4D60 transponder chip that resides in the key.

If I get more keys with 4D60 chips in them is it possible with Forscan to add them?
sto
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:07 am
Location: Gold Coast Australia

Re: MK6 2003 Transit stolen second set of keyswant to reprog

Postby knobby1 » Fri May 17, 2024 9:51 am

sto wrote:Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I was able to get the PATS programming section to show up after buying the extended license.

When I said transponder I meant the 4D60 transponder chip that resides in the key.

If I get more keys with 4D60 chips in them is it possible with Forscan to add them?


Yes..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 15980
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: MK6 2003 Transit stolen second set of keyswant to reprog

Postby sto » Fri May 17, 2024 10:12 am

knobby1 wrote:
sto wrote:Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I was able to get the PATS programming section to show up after buying the extended license.

When I said transponder I meant the 4D60 transponder chip that resides in the key.

If I get more keys with 4D60 chips in them is it possible with Forscan to add them?


Yes..??

Lord Knobrot



Sorry I guess I should have been more clear with my question.
With ForScan even though I only have the 1 original key, using the PATS programming is it possible to add two additional keys then remove the 2 originals to remove the stolen key?

Sorry for all the questions it's been a whirlwind week dealing with the aftermath of the robbery.
Crime on the Gold Coast has gotten out of control.
sto
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:07 am
Location: Gold Coast Australia

Re: MK6 2003 Transit stolen second set of keyswant to reprog

Postby knobby1 » Fri May 17, 2024 9:50 pm

sto wrote:
knobby1 wrote:
sto wrote:Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I was able to get the PATS programming section to show up after buying the extended license.

When I said transponder I meant the 4D60 transponder chip that resides in the key.

If I get more keys with 4D60 chips in them is it possible with Forscan to add them?


Yes..??

Lord Knobrot



Sorry I guess I should have been more clear with my question.
With ForScan even though I only have the 1 original key, using the PATS programming is it possible to add two additional keys then remove the 2 originals to remove the stolen key?

Sorry for all the questions it's been a whirlwind week dealing with the aftermath of the robbery.
Crime on the Gold Coast has gotten out of control.


Yes, you should be able to do that.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 15980
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.