*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

hello all....please help!!

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

hello all....please help!!

Postby ansellben » Thu May 23, 2024 10:19 pm

hi,ive been having no end of issues with my transit 08 rwd 2.4 for awhile now,just as i thought we got to the bottom of it we have a new issue :(
my code reader is now showing codes---- p0220 p0120 p2135 which are completely new and also p068A which has been long standing and annoying to say the least but clears via the reader but always makes its grand entrance again....the van seems to cut out when started until it gets up to temp then seems ok.any ideas what this could all be?? im all googled out and youtube isnt much help right now either,its like trying to find a needle in a haystack!!! so far ive done egr valve,turbo,mass airflow sensor,map sensor,rail sensors,alternator,relays,new batteries and probably a few other bits in the hope of getting it to run right as before these codes wed been having issues of cutting out.blows out white smoke and wont rev correctly....any advice welcome....before the wife packs both me and the van off!! :lol: thanks
ansellben

Re: hello all....please help!!

Postby knobby1 » Thu May 23, 2024 10:27 pm

ansellben wrote:hi,ive been having no end of issues with my transit 08 rwd 2.4 for awhile now,just as i thought we got to the bottom of it we have a new issue :(
my code reader is now showing codes---- p0220 p0120 p2135 which are completely new and also p068A which has been long standing and annoying to say the least but clears via the reader but always makes its grand entrance again....the van seems to cut out when started until it gets up to temp then seems ok.any ideas what this could all be?? im all googled out and youtube isnt much help right now either,its like trying to find a needle in a haystack!!! so far ive done egr valve,turbo,mass airflow sensor,map sensor,rail sensors,alternator,relays,new batteries and probably a few other bits in the hope of getting it to run right as before these codes wed been having issues of cutting out.blows out white smoke and wont rev correctly....any advice welcome....before the wife packs both me and the van off!! :lol: thanks

P0220, P0120 & P2135 all point to a faulty throttle pedal or it's wiring. P068A is possibly a poorly PCM relay or relay wiring.

Forscan has live data which can show what is going on with the pedal.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ansellben » Thu May 23, 2024 10:36 pm

Do you know if there is a way of testing the pedal with a launch crp123x code scanner? I can’t get hold of a forescanner at the moment and it’s due for mot on Tuesday…. thanks
ansellben

Postby tranmx2 » Fri May 24, 2024 12:30 am

but clears via the reader but always makes its grand entrance -- deleting reseting the DTC before solving the problem shall cause the DTC to return. Find the DTC reason, repair solve the problem, delete the DTC.
van seems to cut out when started until it gets up to temp -- blows out white smoke and wont rev correctly. White smoke could be too much diesel or and coolant leak, lack of compression.
Coolant leak - head gasket. Lub oil cooler, check oil level when engine is cold, oil blobs in header tank. EGR cooler if fitted. Is it loosing coolant?
EGR valve stuck open.
Injectors loose. Injectors not sealed.
ECT sensor faulty.
2012 MK 7 E 5 100-350 3.5 XLWB RWD Duratorq 2.2L CR TC 14 DSL 100/125 PS E5 DPF BCM PCM RCM
Was DRRB 74 KW 100 HP 100 cv. Now CYR5 125 HP. PCM could still be for 100 HP.
There's more letters after a Transit than a military man :lol:
tranmx2
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby knobby1 » Fri May 24, 2024 3:22 am

ansellben wrote:Do you know if there is a way of testing the pedal with a launch crp123x code scanner? I can’t get hold of a forescanner at the moment and it’s due for mot on Tuesday…. thanks

As Tranmx2 says...clearing/erasing fault codes without fixing is pointless...they will usually return.

Forscan is free to download and the cables are cheap.

https://forscan.org/download.html

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits