*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


P02e0 & P02e9 codes

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

P02e0 & P02e9 codes

Postby Nick_B » Sun Jul 27, 2025 6:42 pm

Hello all,

My van has been stood for about 2 weeks, the other day I started the engine and the engine management light appeared.

I connected the reader and it came back with 2 faults P02e0 and P02e9.

A quick google says it’s the ‘deisel air intake control’
The van has had new map and maf sensors, a new EGR valve and a new rocker cover.

I’ve checked all the wiring and all seems fine. Unplugged the connectors I can reach and cleaned them with electrical contact cleaner.

I cleared the codes but they then show as pending. When I stop and re start the engine the codes come back.

Has anyone had this issue before? If so, what was the fix?
Nick_B
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2025 8:55 pm

Re: P02e0 & P02e9 codes

Postby knobby1 » Sun Jul 27, 2025 8:04 pm

Nick_B wrote:Hello all,

My van has been stood for about 2 weeks, the other day I started the engine and the engine management light appeared.

I connected the reader and it came back with 2 faults P02e0 and P02e9.

A quick google says it’s the ‘deisel air intake control’
The van has had new map and maf sensors, a new EGR valve and a new rocker cover.

I’ve checked all the wiring and all seems fine. Unplugged the connectors I can reach and cleaned them with electrical contact cleaner.

I cleared the codes but they then show as pending. When I stop and re start the engine the codes come back.

Has anyone had this issue before? If so, what was the fix?


You've not told use what model Transit you have..?? Assuming it's Mk7 as in your avatar..??

Euro-4 or 5..??

Those codes are not the usual ones we see, but may be EGR valve or throttle body related if Euro-5. What code reader was used..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18721
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: P02e0 & P02e9 codes

Postby Nick_B » Fri Aug 01, 2025 4:35 pm

Hello

Thank you for your reply,

Yes my van is an MK7, I’m not sure if it’s euro 4 or 5 though.

I checked all the pipe work etc around the EGR valve and it all seems fine.

I’m using forscan to read and clear the codes. But when I restart the engine it comes back up. On the DTC it says pending codes.
Nick_B
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2025 8:55 pm

Re: P02e0 & P02e9 codes

Postby Nick_B » Fri Aug 01, 2025 4:36 pm

Hello

Thank you for your reply,

Yes my van is an MK7, I’m not sure if it’s euro 4 or 5 though.

I checked all the pipe work etc around the EGR valve and it all seems fine.

I’m using forscan to read and clear the codes. But when I restart the engine it comes back up. On the DTC it says pending codes.
Nick_B
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2025 8:55 pm

Re: P02e0 & P02e9 codes

Postby knobby1 » Fri Aug 01, 2025 9:56 pm

Nick_B wrote:Hello

Thank you for your reply,

Yes my van is an MK7, I’m not sure if it’s euro 4 or 5 though.

I checked all the pipe work etc around the EGR valve and it all seems fine.

I’m using forscan to read and clear the codes. But when I restart the engine it comes back up. On the DTC it says pending codes.


What year model..?? Euro-4 was up to Sept 27th 2011 build date....then Euro-5 up to the end of 2014.

Euro-5 has a throttle body, Euro-4 does not.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18721
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: P02e0 & P02e9 codes

Postby tranmx2 » Fri Aug 01, 2025 10:18 pm

P02e0
P02e9 indicates the throttle valve is open. High V.
The valve is on the RWD 2.2 E 5 situated on the lhs air inlet system below the pipe connection from the EGR which is below the MAP sensor which is on the neck of the inlet manifold.
It is very difficult to see but can be accessed when the radiator etc is removed. It can be located with the lhs headlamp unit off and from underneath when one knows what to look for.
The valve closes as the EGR opens.
If you can get at it make sure the wiring and connector are good.
Has any work been done in that area/engine compartment. The harness goes up towards the fuse box and over to the PCM on the lhs.
Maybe rodents have eaten through the wire insulation.
2012 2.2 TDCi MK 7 E 5 100 HP - 350 3.5 tonne XLWB RWD H3 L4 Duratorq 2.2L CR TC 14 DSL 100/125 PS
Was DRRB 74 KW 100 HP 100 cv. Now CYR5 125 HP. PCM Siemens Continental fuel system.
OBD2 ELM 327 FTDI and Vlinker . Forscan 2.3.46
tranmx2
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:51 am

Re: P02e0 & P02e9 codes

Postby Nick_B » Sun Aug 10, 2025 7:12 pm

You are exactly right!!!!!

The connector plug under the intake manifold wasnt connected!!!

Thank you so much for your help!!!
Nick_B
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2025 8:55 pm


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.