*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Diesel knock

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Diesel knock

Postby jckm2000 » Thu Sep 25, 2025 7:38 pm

Knockety knock!
Drove our mk6 today, probably about a hundred miles. Engine sweet.

Parked up for a couple of hours then on restart it's knocking. Diesel knock. Starts ok, revs up, ticks over ok but it's knocky when revved.

No smoke to speak of.

Any ideas? Stuck turbo? Duff injector?

Is it drivable?
MK1 V4 flatbed (long gone)
1978 MK2 pinto
1996 MK5
2003 MK6 (now gone)
1967 Morris WF
jckm2000
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 10:49 pm

Re: Diesel knock

Postby knobby1 » Thu Sep 25, 2025 9:16 pm

jckm2000 wrote:Knockety knock!
Drove our mk6 today, probably about a hundred miles. Engine sweet.

Parked up for a couple of hours then on restart it's knocking. Diesel knock. Starts ok, revs up, ticks over ok but it's knocky when revved.

No smoke to speak of.

Any ideas? Stuck turbo? Duff injector?

Is it drivable?


Would help if you told us what model Transit we're talking about..?? Mk6 or Mk7..?? Euro-3, 4 or 5..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18705
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Diesel knock

Postby jckm2000 » Thu Sep 25, 2025 9:41 pm

Think I said mk6. Tddi 2003 I think.
MK1 V4 flatbed (long gone)
1978 MK2 pinto
1996 MK5
2003 MK6 (now gone)
1967 Morris WF
jckm2000
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 10:49 pm

Re: Diesel knock

Postby knobby1 » Fri Sep 26, 2025 9:32 pm

jckm2000 wrote:Think I said mk6. Tddi 2003 I think.


My bad...You did say Mk6, but not whether 2.0, 2.3 , 2.4 or TDDi or TDCi...or petrol/LPG.

What fault codes are you getting..?? If TDDi it will more than likely be the timing solenoid not happy..

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18705
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.