*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


140 Sport turbo actuator

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

140 Sport turbo actuator

Postby pesa7122 » Tue Oct 07, 2025 12:49 pm

Can you advise where to start troubleshooting when I get the code P2563 turbocharger boost pressure control position sensor A circuit value intermittently.....

This only happens when I accelerate quickly.
It seems to stop and the "Engine Malfunction" light comes on and the car no longer accelerates normally. When I turn the car off and start it again, it is normal again.

I have been thinking that should I replace the turbo, or could the fault be in the actuator?
It is a bit difficult to even see the actuator itself and the wires coming to it, but have there been any faults in those actuators or in the wires?

So the car is a 2.2TDCi 140 Sport 2008
pesa7122
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:29 am

Re: 140 Sport turbo actuator

Postby metalworker0 » Tue Oct 07, 2025 2:21 pm

the actuator is a little gearbox with a motor and gears within

you could take it off , open it up, to see all is well ... as fragile contents; plastic gears etc can wear out and break.

contents worm gear , pinion , motor , green thing is the encoder ... must be put back in sync

https://www.turbosacer.com/wp-content/u ... 30-new.jpg

all the best.mark
User avatar
metalworker0
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6027
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 4:43 pm
Location: Prestatyn


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.