*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Transit mk7 Pilot Learn issues

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Transit mk7 Pilot Learn issues

Postby FlokiAlecson » Mon May 11, 2026 4:50 pm

Hi I have a Transit mk7 2.4 Luton that failed its mot on excessive smoke, I attempted a pilot learn and it failed with error 92 excessive correction values for cylinder 2.
I have a log from forscan that I have attached with cht, frp, frp desired, frt and cylinder balance on the log .

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FlokiAlecson
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 11, 2026 4:17 pm

Re: Transit mk7 Pilot Learn issues

Postby knobby1 » Tue May 12, 2026 12:41 am

FlokiAlecson wrote:Hi I have a Transit mk7 2.4 Luton that failed its mot on excessive smoke, I attempted a pilot learn and it failed with error 92 excessive correction values for cylinder 2.
I have a log from forscan that I have attached with cht, frp, frp desired, frt and cylinder balance on the log .

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance.


Looks like your #2 injector is not well....it's well over 2.8mg in some spots....ideally all injectors should be as close to zero as possible.... although this never happens.

Adding all injector corrections together should also equal zero.

When I last did mine, I had +/- corrections of ~0.35-0.50mg on all four injectors.

Normally a correction of ~+/-1.0 can be compensated for but when they get to well over 2...the system has trouble coping....as you've found.

Might pay to have them all looked at by a diesel specialist.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18710
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Transit mk7 Pilot Learn issues

Postby FlokiAlecson » Tue May 12, 2026 2:03 am

knobby1 wrote:Looks like your #2 injector is not well....it's well over 2.8mg in some spots....ideally all injectors should be as close to zero as possible.... although this never happens.

Adding all injector corrections together should also equal zero.

When I last did mine, I had +/- corrections of ~0.35-0.50mg on all four injectors.

Normally a correction of ~+/-1.0 can be compensated for but when they get to well over 2...the system has trouble coping....as you've found.

Might pay to have them all looked at by a diesel specialist.

Lord Knobrot



Thank you, what about number 4 being in the minuses @-3 and above a some points does that look like a issue too?
FlokiAlecson
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 11, 2026 4:17 pm

Re: Transit mk7 Pilot Learn issues

Postby knobby1 » Tue May 12, 2026 3:39 am

FlokiAlecson wrote:
knobby1 wrote:Looks like your #2 injector is not well....it's well over 2.8mg in some spots....ideally all injectors should be as close to zero as possible.... although this never happens.

Adding all injector corrections together should also equal zero.

When I last did mine, I had +/- corrections of ~0.35-0.50mg on all four injectors.

Normally a correction of ~+/-1.0 can be compensated for but when they get to well over 2...the system has trouble coping....as you've found.

Might pay to have them all looked at by a diesel specialist.

Lord Knobrot



Thank you, what about number 4 being in the minuses @-3 and above a some points does that look like a issue too?


It's actually hard to tell whether the system is trying to compensate for the + or the - injectors...best to get them checked, just to be sure.

How many miles on the beast..??

Lord Knobrot (Smithy)
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18710
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Transit mk7 Pilot Learn issues

Postby FlokiAlecson » Tue May 12, 2026 10:19 am

knobby1 wrote:
FlokiAlecson wrote:
knobby1 wrote:Looks like your #2 injector is not well....it's well over 2.8mg in some spots....ideally all injectors should be as close to zero as possible.... although this never happens.

Adding all injector corrections together should also equal zero.

When I last did mine, I had +/- corrections of ~0.35-0.50mg on all four injectors.

Normally a correction of ~+/-1.0 can be compensated for but when they get to well over 2...the system has trouble coping....as you've found.

Might pay to have them all looked at by a diesel specialist.

Lord Knobrot



Thank you, what about number 4 being in the minuses @-3 and above a some points does that look like a issue too?


It's actually hard to tell whether the system is trying to compensate for the + or the - injectors...best to get them checked, just to be sure.

How many miles on the beast..??

Lord Knobrot (Smithy)



268400 ISH, it's had a replacement engine at some point, I replaced the head last year due to a dropped valve seat and it's had 1 replacement injector (as well as copper washers, bolts and leak back pipe seals)
Got a leak off test kit coming in the next few days so will do a leak off test, from what I have found it should be between 25-45ml in 4 minutes. Hopefully that will give more information to make a decision with, if it doesn't help I will try and get them all tested but just want it to pass MOT then it can be sold.
FlokiAlecson
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 11, 2026 4:17 pm

Re: Transit mk7 Pilot Learn issues

Postby DanMK7uk » Tue May 12, 2026 6:34 pm

25ml / 40ml over 4 minutes at idle on a warm engine. Cheers
Mk7 2.2 TDCI 85 - euro 4 - 2011 - FWD - Trend - 5speed

MK7 2.2 TDCI 115 - euro 4 - 2008 - FWD Hi top (camper) 6 speed
DanMK7uk
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:26 pm
Location: London

Re: Transit mk7 Pilot Learn issues

Postby FlokiAlecson » Wed May 13, 2026 11:33 pm

well new injector, copper washers, leak back pipe seals, bolts and rocker seals ordered. injector leaked off 90ml in 4 minutes all others leaked off 30ml
FlokiAlecson
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 11, 2026 4:17 pm

Re: Transit mk7 Pilot Learn issues

Postby DanMK7uk » Thu May 14, 2026 12:26 am

Nice one be sure to ream the seats for the new seals and you should be sorted
Mk7 2.2 TDCI 85 - euro 4 - 2011 - FWD - Trend - 5speed

MK7 2.2 TDCI 115 - euro 4 - 2008 - FWD Hi top (camper) 6 speed
DanMK7uk
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:26 pm
Location: London

Re: Transit mk7 Pilot Learn issues

Postby FlokiAlecson » Fri May 22, 2026 12:18 pm

Okay so a new injector has been fitted, coded and it is still the same. Same fault on learn error 91 excessive correction on cylinder 2
FlokiAlecson
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 11, 2026 4:17 pm

Re: Transit mk7 Pilot Learn issues

Postby knobby1 » Fri May 22, 2026 9:30 pm

FlokiAlecson wrote:Okay so a new injector has been fitted, coded and it is still the same. Same fault on learn error 91 excessive correction on cylinder 2


Pump learn ok..??

Lord Knobrot (Smithy)
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18710
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Transit mk7 Pilot Learn issues

Postby FlokiAlecson » Sat May 23, 2026 9:54 am

Pump learn went through with no issues what so ever it is just the pilot learn that failed on point 5 cylinder 2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FlokiAlecson
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 11, 2026 4:17 pm

Re: Transit mk7 Pilot Learn issues

Postby FlokiAlecson » Sat Jun 13, 2026 4:52 pm

Okay been a while but I got a new injector for cylinder 2, removed all injectors as well as valve cover. Re cut the seats and put it all back together with new seals and gaskets, coded the new injector in and tried the relearn again and it fail on exactly the same thing :evil:

Now I am stuck and could really do with some advice on what I should do next,
Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FlokiAlecson
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 11, 2026 4:17 pm


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.