*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Talking EGR's? MK7 2.2 2012 Transit (110000miles)

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Talking EGR's? MK7 2.2 2012 Transit (110000miles)

Postby bennyboy1233 » Wed Jul 22, 2026 1:06 pm

Hey guys, blanked the egr 20000miles ago (year and half) never had any codes and van ran way better. Still not sure why I had no fault codes as most people seem to say they got them.

Wondering if I'm living on borrowed time and I'm bound to get codes at some point?

Also pondered taking the egr off to check the level off soot behind the blanking plate?
bennyboy1233
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:54 pm

Re: Talking EGR's? MK7 2.2 2012 Transit (110000miles)

Postby knobby1 » Wed Jul 22, 2026 7:48 pm

bennyboy1233 wrote:Hey guys, blanked the egr 20000miles ago (year and half) never had any codes and van ran way better. Still not sure why I had no fault codes as most people seem to say they got them.

Wondering if I'm living on borrowed time and I'm bound to get codes at some point?

Also pondered taking the egr off to check the level off soot behind the blanking plate?


Only the Euro-4's had issues when the EGR valve was blanked and not mapped out. They have a slightly different setup, the Euro-5's have a throttle plate whereas the Euro-4's do not.

As well as the EGR valve, it's probably best to remove the inlet manifold and give it a good clean or just replace it.

Lord Knobrot (Smithy)
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18710
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot]

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.