*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2.2Tdci MK7 FWD Dpf regens every 30-50 miles !

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: 2.2Tdci MK7 FWD Dpf regens every 30-50 miles !

Postby Jim Archer » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:02 am

Look at the differential pressure sender's.

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby heitam » Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:03 pm

Update on my problem.
Finally van started making whoosing sound what indicated the air leak, but still no fault codes. When whoosing sound got very loud, then engine light appeared on dashboard and engine went limpmode. Was very busy for couple of days and just drove couple of hundred km to finalize my projects. Then visited garage and they promptly found broken turbo hose going to intercooler (what I did not find on idle as not foundable on idle).
After repair of course another problem with DPF as driving in limp mode DPF could not regen and was full giving DPF fault code. And could not regen after deleting codes.
Even first forced regen did not succeed, mean could not start regen even. After priming it another attempt was successful and DPF was regenned completely.
Now I have driven couple of days and no regens yet, so I guess now problem solved.

So, in my case constant every day regens were influenced by turbo house, which apparently had a tiny crack, which by the time got larger (finally about 10 cm long) and only then let to diagnose correctly the problem.
heitam
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby trialex » Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:39 pm

I have exactly the same problem on mine.

2.0L Tdci 170 automatic gear box, Year 2019. Regens every 56 kms ( 40 miles ).

Brand new DPF, injectors OK, statics and moving regens OK, oil breather rececirculation system brand new, differential sensor presure brand new... I'm lost.. :roll:

In data loging, I don't have a value on the presure sensor, Ford says it's normal and depends on vehicles.

The DPF could be to 10% load to 106% load in 40 miles

Do you have any tips to follow ?
trialex

Postby metalworker0 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:59 pm

Watch O'Rileys Autos on you tube..there is nothing he cant sort out , watch a few videos ..he does lots of transits, if you are not clued up after that ..then i don't know

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW9GHi ... MJw/videos

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby heitam » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:14 pm

Yes, been watching OˇRileys Auto channel long time since problems occurred.
Really cool guy full of knowledge. If we could have someone like him overhere in Estonia would first guy on the line, but we donˇt.
So ordered OBD and going to try to get closer to solution by trying to diagnose myself.
heitam
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby knobby1 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:43 pm

trialex wrote:I have exactly the same problem on mine.

2.0L Tdci 170 automatic gear box, Year 2019. Regens every 56 kms ( 40 miles ).

Brand new DPF, injectors OK, statics and moving regens OK, oil breather rececirculation system brand new, differential sensor presure brand new... I'm lost.. :roll:

In data loging, I don't have a value on the presure sensor, Ford says it's normal and depends on vehicles.

The DPF could be to 10% load to 106% load in 40 miles

Do you have any tips to follow ?

This is the Mk6/Mk7 group, (2000-2014), you may be better off in the proper Mk8 group for your van...

viewforum.php?f=64

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby tranmx2 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:32 pm

Have a look at the man - yer man O'Riley.
Lots of vids re' DPFs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtOkTAzVDxM
Duff pressure sensor.

There's two pressure sensors on my van. The one after (at the back of) the DPF is always 0. The one at the front (before the DPF) shows a pressure.
O'Riley mentions in one of his videos that the soot % is a calculation - that which is important for the DPF regen is the pressure at the front of the DPF.

As Knobby points out there's a need to be in the right group.
2012 MK 7 E 5 100-350 3.5 XLWB RWD Duratorq 2.2L CR TC 14 DSL 100/125 PS E5 DPF BCM PCM RCM
Was DRRB 74 KW 100 HP 100 cv. Now CYR5 125 HP. PCM could still be for 100 HP.
There's more letters after a Transit than a military man :lol:
tranmx2
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby heitam » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:46 pm

Iˇve probably seen 99% of those OˇRileys Auto videos, but 100% cases with blocked DPF not excessive DPF regens about. So the note, what someone here in forum said out wouldnˇt apply unfortunately...
heitam
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby heitam » Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:18 pm

Received to OBD adapter and downloaded Forscan. Been monitoring the van while driving with laptop getting live data.
The interval between dpf regens is almost identical in 3 cycles have done so far. 120 km and it regens. And intersting is that does not matter whether I reset the dpf values to zero or not. I mean if you do not reset to zero then after regen the dpf load stays on 20% and dpf soot goes down to 10%.
And I do not know it is normal or not.
Another thing what I noticed is that if dpf load goes gradually up to 100% (last time up to 98% and then regen started) but dpf soot ramps from 13% to 60% rapidly and then gradually up to 90% while load reaches 98% same time and regen starts.
Again do not know whether its OK or not.
Have not seen chart from normal 100% ok van.
Differential pressure is on idle 0,9kPa (9 hPa) and while doing regen then 2,4 kPa (24 hPa).
Dpf pressure on accelerating up 25 kPa, on steady drive with cruise control 6-9 kPa (60-90 hPa) which seems to be OK. But is it Ok ?

Thought will change differential pressure sensor, but does it have an influence or not, donˇt know.
If it will not give a result, my last straw would be changing fuel vaporizer and then Iˇm out of ideas...

On the other hand when regen works, can vaporizer be faulty.

And again, yes common fault with those vaporizers, but all the cases with dpf not regenning not vice versa...
heitam
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby metalworker0 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:55 pm

What about something being wrong with the engine -- turbo seals ..injectors - bad spray pattern..running rich with bad sensor .

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby heitam » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:43 pm

Today changed to dpf pressure sensor, but no result, still dpf regens every day couple of times.
Thouhgt its influenced by bad pressure sensor which gives faulse calculation, but no change.
After dpf regen, calculations go down to 20% and 10% (load and soot respectively), but start to grow fast again.
Especially the soot % jumps rapidly from 15% to 60% , which made me thougt maybe dpf press.sensor is misreading.
Out of ideas now.
Maybe the vaporizer is halfly blocked...
Does anybody had problem with that vaporizer ticking pump ?
Impossible to access even for checking unfortunately as lays on front axle.
Remember that during last 100.000 km I never heard it, but roughly when problem started I occasionally started to hear pump ticking inside cockpit.
heitam
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby heitam » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:26 pm

As mentioned, changed the diff.press.sensor and not so much differ unfort.
Decided to use Motip dpf cleaner, used 2 bottles (500 ml unit) with 1 day interval.
A little difference, i.e got 145 km until next regen.
heitam
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby heitam » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:14 pm

Changed also 2 faulty glow plugs, did not hope any change and it did not change anything.
heitam
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby heitam » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:01 pm

Hey guys, little update for issue. Changed also dpf vaporizer, which was almost cooked already, giving a whistling noise and a lot of resistance while tested. But no fault codes still whatsoever.
Today first long drive and cycle between regens 300 km, so getting better, but 100% road drive to be noted.
After regen did also dpf reset, but it does not seem to help much as load level was back to 35% within couple of kilometers. But later on it stays and grows decently. And as far as I monitored via Forscan during whole drive then noticed that now there was no rapid movement of soot from 15% to 65% as earlier.
So, having no trouble code, vaporizer was partly blocked, but still functioning, but obviously regens were substandard kind of.
And I noticed those much shorter regens about 10.000 km ago already. Still read from somewhere, that often regens are sign of dpf age is going to end soon, so lets see what happens near future. Will keep posted.
heitam
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby heitam » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:15 pm

Forgot to note, that I hoped after regen now the values for both soot and load will drop to almost zero, but it is not the case, values stay around 20% after regen.
So the numbers are actually even worse compare to earlier situation with old vaporizer. Which is confusing actually. But having not seen the numbers on screen as comes to perfect condition car then I just share what I got.
I am tempted to do also dpf clean by professional or replace by new one actually, but as vaporizer change is so recent then want to see how things will develop after 20 regens.
heitam
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits