*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

front door opens too far

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

front door opens too far

Postby white.akita » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:18 am

hi all, my drivers door opens too far and the glass hits off the wing mirror , is it a door card off job ?
white.akita
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: front door opens too far

Postby ake » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:44 am

Is the check strap in place?
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby white.akita » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:36 am

yes
white.akita
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ibrooks » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:33 pm

Was there ever a resolution to this? Mine does the same and it bugs me as it pushes the mirror forwards a bit and it doesn't spring back so when I get in I can't see a thing and have to pull the mirror back into it's normal position. Surely the door shouldn't open that far? Is there a common problem I should look at with the check strap? I've had a quick look from the outside and there's nothing obvious wrong - although there is a hell of a cracking noise from it as the door opens.
ibrooks
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby knobby1 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:21 pm

ibrooks wrote:Was there ever a resolution to this? Mine does the same and it bugs me as it pushes the mirror forwards a bit and it doesn't spring back so when I get in I can't see a thing and have to pull the mirror back into it's normal position. Surely the door shouldn't open that far? Is there a common problem I should look at with the check strap? I've had a quick look from the outside and there's nothing obvious wrong - although there is a hell of a cracking noise from it as the door opens.

Is your door check strap in place and not broken..??

761fbbab-0ced-4b90-9529-88c723458e06.jpg

Lord Knobrot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ibrooks » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:48 pm

Yes the check strap is there and there's nothing obviously wrong with it. It does stop the door, it just seems to go too far. The passenger door stops before it hits the mirror. I'm going to order a new check strap and throw it on and when I'm in there I'll see if there's anything wrong with the part of the check strap mechanism that's inside the door.
ibrooks
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits