*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

How many Mk6 petrol/lpg are out there.

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: How many Mk6 petrol/lpg are out there.

Postby Peteracox » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi, I have just purchased a 2009 t350 petrol/lpg.
I have a couple of questions if anyone has the time to answer I would be grateful! I have never driven an lpg before so my first question is should it smell and if so how often and how strong? Mine seems to smell quite strong at times, I am getting it serviced and checked over asap so that my solve a couple of the small issues.
Also and this may be a little of topic but I have just had the petrol side of the engine serviced and in the oil pan after draining were small fragments of aluminium! Now I know what your thinking but it's a brand new engine, basically just before I brought it there was a brand new engine fitted by ford at the cost of £4500 so my instincts were what a great find to have a tidy van with a new engine! So my mechanic who done the service was stumped as its a new engine only 500m since from memory and the motor sounds sweet?? Anyone have any similar experience or knowledge of this?
Thanks for your time. Pete
Peteracox

Postby CROSSFIREROB » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:47 pm

You should only smell gas after filling it up ,and that is just the gas that escaped from the nozzle.

The small ally glitter in the sump pan could possibly be swarf from the machine shop when it was built, you will get some metal swarf from a new engine, which will get flushed out on the oil change ,if you concerned, after a 1000 miles change the oil filter again and cut the old one open and take a look inside and see what its picked up this time , obviously constant metal parts is not good ,but I think you have no worries..
Rockin and a rollin all day long !
CROSSFIREROB
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Peteracox » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:39 pm

Thanks crossfirebob for your reply, since posting I've had the gas system serviced and it's running pretty good with some possible parts needed in the near future. While I'm on do you know the best place for an exhaust system for my 2009 350lwb I've phoned round a few places with no joy everyone just comments how rare they are? So I resorted to calling ford and they want £360 odd plus vat for parts from cat back. Any ideas. Thanks again.
Peteracox

Postby CROSSFIREROB » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:26 pm

Sorry no .
CROSSFIREROB
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mealic » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:48 pm

Peteracox wrote:Thanks crossfirebob for your reply, since posting I've had the gas system serviced and it's running pretty good with some possible parts needed in the near future. While I'm on do you know the best place for an exhaust system for my 2009 350lwb I've phoned round a few places with no joy everyone just comments how rare they are? So I resorted to calling ford and they want £360 odd plus vat for parts from cat back. Any ideas. Thanks again.

If you are finding it so difficult to get an oem system why not just build up your own? Just replacing the necessary sections.

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Peteracox » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:13 pm

mealic wrote:
Peteracox wrote:Thanks crossfirebob for your reply, since posting I've had the gas system serviced and it's running pretty good with some possible parts needed in the near future. While I'm on do you know the best place for an exhaust system for my 2009 350lwb I've phoned round a few places with no joy everyone just comments how rare they are? So I resorted to calling ford and they want £360 odd plus vat for parts from cat back. Any ideas. Thanks again.

If you are finding it so difficult to get an oem system why not just build up your own? Just replacing the necessary sections.

Thanks for the comments, I'm really not bothered if it's oem or otherwise. While calling round and looking on sites I've had no joy with any of the sections individual or as a system everyone has basically said sorry we don't do them I can only assume because there not coming straight up on there computer? I actually only need the front silencer that's under the drivers seat.
If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it I.e is it the same silencer as other models etc.
Thanks Pete.
Peteracox

Postby mealic » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:29 pm

PM me your reg details and exact spec of van and I will pop in to my friendly ford dealers and see what diagrams I can get.

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Peteracox » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:40 pm

mealic wrote:PM me your reg details and exact spec of van and I will pop in to my friendly ford dealers and see what diagrams I can get.

Hi, thanks so much for your help, I've just received an email back off transit parts uk and they want £530+ vat I nearly fell out of my chair something strange with these exhausts!
Anyway my details are below thanks again:
RF09MLX 350l lwb hitop 2.3duratec petrol/lpg 145hp.
Cheers Pete.
Peteracox

Postby mealic » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Looks like Kwik-Fit might be best deal judging by Rowdeys current post.

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Rowdey » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:52 pm

mealic wrote:Looks like Kwik-Fit might be best deal judging by Rowdeys current post.

That quoted £460 is the downpipe and both cats included.. Still sore about it mind..!
03 Dual Fuel MR MWB and now 66 Mk8 L2H2..
Rowdey
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mealic » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:37 pm

Peteracox wrote:
mealic wrote:PM me your reg details and exact spec of van and I will pop in to my friendly ford dealers and see what diagrams I can get.

Hi, thanks so much for your help, I've just received an email back off transit parts uk and they want £530+ vat I nearly fell out of my chair something strange with these exhausts!
Cheers Pete.

Right,sorry for delay but I have to get the right parts guy at my local dealer.These are the results of the details that you provided. I have a printout diagram in front of me with exhaust system on for your van.Neither of these are a stock item at a dealers.
The Ford finis part number for the front box is 1386033 and is £209.44 +Vat and will be available in a couple of days.
The pattern finis part number is 1749799 and is £112.12 +Vat and is in Germany at the moment but could be in UK in 4 days.

No brainer really.

Hope this helps and once again sorry for time getting back to you.

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Peteracox » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:08 pm

mealic wrote:
Peteracox wrote:

Cheers Pete.

Right,sorry for delay but I have to get the right parts guy at my local dealer.These are the results of the details that you provided. I have a printout diagram in front of me with exhaust system on for your van.Neither of these are a stock item at a dealers.
The Ford finis part number for the front box is 1386033 and is £209.44 +Vat and will be available in a couple of days.
The pattern finis part number is 1749799 and is £112.12 +Vat and is in Germany at the moment but could be in UK in 4 days.

No brainer really.

Hope this helps and once again sorry for time getting back to you.

Hi, thanks all for your time, posts and advice, Saturday gone my radiator very kindly dispensed it's connects out on my drive and has a completely un explainable split all down the bottom??? I'm pretty sure I got free gremlins when I brought this van :?
Anyway that put the exhaust on the back burner for a week or two but I'll look into your suggestions thanks very much!

Ps I have a feeling I'm going to be spending some time on here with this van :( so i look forward to your soaking up some of your knowledge.
Peteracox

Postby mealic » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:57 pm

I should imagine that your either the water pump has failed, thermostat has seized or the engine was not as you thought and the head gasket has gone. Maybe there was perhaps a leak or pinhole around the vaporiser of the LPG system. The engine has now overheated anyway, so you are back to square one and probably need to start with replacement head gasket or at the least coilpacks and sparkplugs. Good luck and keep us posted.

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby CROSSFIREROB » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:23 pm

Has anyone got a spare coil for a 2.3 lpg tranny going spare , I need to eliminate a misfire problem. Thanks .Rob.
CROSSFIREROB
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mealic » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:07 pm

can`t remember where you are based. If you can get the van down to me near Lewes we can take the coilpack out of mine to check.

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits