*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


rear diff/axle oil for my twin wheel

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

rear diff/axle oil for my twin wheel

Postby kickin_chicken » Wed May 20, 2015 10:40 pm

I called in at a local motor factors to price up some diff oil for my transit I know it should be high performance oil they quoted £25 per litre so I rang my local Ford dealer they took the reg and came back with a price of £11 per litre when I asked it it was 75/140 high performance oil they said it's 75/140 but not high performance, that's the oil their system recommends for my transit.

Can someone tell me which one I need please
kickin_chicken
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:59 pm

Re: rear diff/axle oil for my twin wheel

Postby loot » Wed May 20, 2015 11:07 pm

If Ford specified 75/140 for your diff then why don't you use that? I thought it was 30 quid a litre?
I'm using comma 85/140 in my axle 5 pounds a litre :lol: slightly thicker and I'm made up with it 8)
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
User avatar
loot
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 34202
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: rear diff/axle oil for my twin wheel

Postby kickin_chicken » Wed May 20, 2015 11:33 pm

Hi Loot

thanks for the reply I only ask as I've read and been told by a couple of places that transit diffs use the high performance oil but when ford said not required I thought I would double check

£5 a litre you say hmmm I like the sound of that
kickin_chicken
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:59 pm


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.