*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Wheel spacers

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Wheel spacers

Postby xxbigunxx » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:23 am

Anyone interested in hub adapters please veiw this page and comment on the post. Atm price is about £200 for 4 but if there's enough interest will be cheaper.

https://m.facebook.com/CustomCenteredWheelSpacers
User avatar
xxbigunxx
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:14 am

Re: Wheel spacers

Postby wojciech » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:29 am

I have done 4 pcs spacers for my Mk6 and in Poland it was costs 80 GBP. But spacer are waiting now 3 years for... better time.
Problem with spacers for Mk6 I have, because they must be done minimum 16mm high. Sleeve for central bore on hub in Mk6 is 12-13mm high. Of course spacer must to have own sleeve. In this situation turner has only 2 -3 mm for roll out strong sleeve. It is absolutely minimum.

So: if spacer is 16mm high, we can assemble back studs to front hubs, back studs are 65mm long and it is enough to keep together hub, spacer, alloy and nut - on front wheels.
But what about back wheels, where is not only hub, spacer, alloy and nut - but also brake drum?... We need longer studs - about 75-80mm. I can't find studs M14x2mm, 80mm long, knurled for diameter 16mm and in strength class 10.9 (rolled). I don't want studs done on lathe - they are too poor and risky.
I found in USA studs for Dodge van, 95mm long, knurled for 16mm, with 10.9 class, but with M14x1,5 thread. They are too expensive - all costs together are bigger than all my Ronals R44.

It is possible to modify them for adapters, but I don't want it.
Now I am... waiting. For better times.

My spacers 16mm high, duralumin 2017A:

ImageImage
User avatar
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:40 pm
Location: long way away

Re: Wheel spacers

Postby ake » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:51 am

Drill the adapters, and fit short studs through them to mount the wheels, bolts the adaptor to the van, then bolt the wheel to the adaptor
2024 Ford Transit Custom 300S Active 170ps Auto
2021 Ford Transit Custom 300S Active 170ps
2014 Ford Fiesta Sport Van 95ps
If she knew what she wants
ake
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 41846
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:19 pm
Location: The fair city o' Perth


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.