*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk6-7 FWD rear spring hangers

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Mk6-7 FWD rear spring hangers

Postby Kennyfaefife » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:36 am

Hi mates looking for springhanger assembly for mk6 rear and the outrigger and side panel on inner sill in that area , I se that you produce these if so how can I order these and pay for them
Kennyfaefife

Postby dieselhead123 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Kennyfaefife wrote:Hi mates looking for springhanger assembly for mk6 rear and the outrigger and side panel on inner sill in that area , I se that you produce these if so how can I order these and pay for them

Either use the hyperlink below to send us a message via our website or call Tim on 07754 806004 to discuss your requirements.

Thanks for your interest.
LCS
LightCommercialServices
Sales, Service and Repair for all Commercial Vehicles
Body panels manufactured and supplied
07754 806004
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com/
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby dieselhead123 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:51 am

Here is another part that is often found to be corroded, the reinforcing panel between the rear spring hanger extension and the inside of the rear cross member. Here is a picture of the part in place on a van;

Here is another picture of the part, (this time the left hand side), clamped in place prior to welding.
The inner rear lower corner panel has also been removed as it was corroded, replacement inner rear lower corner panels can be seen on the previous page of this thread.

As you can see in the picture above, this part features a 'pressing' to match the factory part, increasing strength and maintaining the original appearance.

This part suits Front Wheel Drive vans only, and is normally available from stock for just £25 plus postage, please state 'left' or 'right' hand when ordering.

LCS
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby ABA » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:47 pm

have you actually got a site that shows all the different parts that you make
ABA
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dieselhead123 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:59 am

ABA wrote:have you actually got a site that shows all the different parts that you make

Best just to scroll through this thread until our website is fully updated.

In addition to the parts in this thread we also produce inner sill repair sections for FWD and RWD vans;

Rear wheel tub repair panels are also available, these parts are a replacement for the extension piece fitted to the rear wheel tub panel on FWD models. Supplied in two parts for ease of installation, these feature a reinforcing 'bead' to match the originals.

All our parts have been developed to meet workshop requirements and all have been fitted on vehicles repaired in our workshops.

Other parts are under development so if you can't find the part you need or you are unsure as to your vehicle's requirements then please drop us a message or contact us using the hyperlink below.

LCS
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby tnx » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:30 am

Hi, are the parts still available? I left a note to your webpage about 2 weeks ago and have received no answer. Do you also ship internationally? Thanks.
tnx

Postby Kriegar » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:09 pm

I just bought a mk6 which is rustier than id initially thought... So ill be in touch come MOT time!

Maybe next time ill save for a nice shiny new van!
Kriegar
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby dieselhead123 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:43 pm

Just to let you people know, the parts listed in this thread are still all available, we are happy to provide UK and international postage services.

Thanks for all your support
TIM
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby norfolkandgood » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:57 pm

Just fitted rear spring hangers and C post repair, good items saves dealing with breakers.

Cheers Tim.
norfolkandgood
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Tosh52 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:48 pm

dieselhead123 wrote:Just to let you people know, the parts listed in this thread are still all available, we are happy to provide UK and international postage services.

Thanks for all your support
TIM

I wish I had found this thread earlier.

Looks like you are providing a great service which I have only just found is deeply needed with the mk6 transits.
Do you by any chance do the rear inner sill quarter panels (both sides) for the mk6 rwd 350 lwb that the rear leaf springs cross section that you make attaches to? See the attached to photos, I have shaded the missing metal in grey to make the photos less confusing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tosh52
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby dieselhead123 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:45 pm

Hi there and sorry for the late reply.

The part you need for you van is the inner rear lower corner panel. We only supply one for the FWD van so can't help you in this instance.

A new panel from Ford is available but was modified part way through production of the Mk6 model, the earlier part number might come back as no longer available. Check with your Ford dealer, if you have any problem getting the parts using your registration number then let me know and we should be able to provide you with alternative part numbers using a later chassis number.

Thanks again for your interest in our products, hope we can assist you in getting your van repaired.

TIM
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby dieselhead123 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:08 pm

norfolkandgood wrote:Just fitted rear spring hangers and C post repair, good items saves dealing with breakers.

Cheers Tim.

Good to read that you got on well with these, thanks for your support,
TIM
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby dieselhead123 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:26 pm

Another new part for the front end of the rear spring, shown in YELLOW in this picture;

This parts suits SWB vans where a side loading door is fitted on the side needing repair, here we see the front hanger parts assembled on the bench, the length of 'box' section is used to show where the vehicle chassis rail runs;
This new part is catalog number 13 and suits either side of the vehicle provided there is a side loading door on that side.

As can be seen in these other pictures, the part comes with pre-installed 'stiffeners' to match the original part. Manufactured from 1.5mm Zintec for added corrosion resistance.
In the first picture you can see the Lower C Post repair section, painted black, at the bottom left;

Thanks again for all your support people,
TIM
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby RayTrans » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:49 pm

Hi Tim would you have Inner Sills for a Mk6 Transit High roof, long wheel base, I am looking for the Inner sills for both sides, the two under the drivers door & passenger door, I also need the 2 inner sills under the sliding doors (my Transit has two sliding doors) thanks a million cheers RayTrans
Cheers 8) 8)
Ray

MK6 Transit High Roof RWD 115 Bhp Twin Sliding doors.
RayTrans
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dieselhead123 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:58 pm

RayTrans wrote:Hi Tim would you have Inner Sills for a Mk6 Transit High roof, long wheel base, I am looking for the Inner sills for both sides, the two under the drivers door & passenger door, I also need the 2 inner sills under the sliding doors (my Transit has two sliding doors) thanks a million cheers RayTrans

Hi there, the inner sills below the front doors, (driver's and passenger's), are available from a few distributors. Not seen any poor quality ones so best to do a few price comparisons on ebay etc.

The inner sills beneath the side loading doors are produced by us in 3ft lengths, (for ease of postage). These are just £10 per length, you will need four for a LWB van with twin side loading doors. Pictures below;

You might find you need the lower C post repair panels also, this part fits inside and below the outrigger at the rear of the side loading door.

Let me know if you need any additional parts, happy to produce them for you where practical.
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits