*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Central Locking Mega Thread

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Central Locking Mega Thread

Postby paul2012 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:13 pm

Jbaussie wrote:
Jbaussie wrote:I'm pretty much at the same point as you... Still no central locking...

How often does the module fail? Only time I dont blow a fuse is when it's disconnected..

For the sliding door... Have u tried turning the inside knob on the bottom-left of the sld? I had to take the side cover off and pull the wire while fiddling with the turn knob thing lol...

Once all door connections are disconnected is our next step to test each wire with a multimeter?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I also have some suspect wires under the dash near the steering column.. Theses no way ford would crimp wires together and just tape it is there?

Just got this van and trying to work out the issues and assuming it's already been fiddled with....

Thanks in advance guys ImageImage

That's a "standard" Ford splice :wink:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jbaussie » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:49 am

paul2012 wrote:
Jbaussie wrote:
Jbaussie wrote:I'm pretty much at the same point as you... Still no central locking...

How often does the module fail? Only time I dont blow a fuse is when it's disconnected..

For the sliding door... Have u tried turning the inside knob on the bottom-left of the sld? I had to take the side cover off and pull the wire while fiddling with the turn knob thing lol...

Once all door connections are disconnected is our next step to test each wire with a multimeter?

I also have some suspect wires under the dash near the steering column.. Theses no way ford would crimp wires together and just tape it is there?

Just got this van and trying to work out the issues and assuming it's already been fiddled with....

Thanks in advance guys ImageImage

That's a "standard" Ford splice :wink:
Hahahha I'm also a transit noob... I've spent hours and hours trying to work this out..

Can I confirm 100% that ford didn't do that and I'll try and return the wiring to stock if I can find the wiring diagram?

Any advice appreciated :)

Jbaussie
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Brains_transit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:01 pm

Here's the CL diagram
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jbaussie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:49 pm

Brains_transit wrote:Here's the CL diagram
Thanks!
I've narrow it down to the front cabin lol fml

Any advice appreciated
Cheers James

Jbaussie
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Jbaussie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:12 am

Jbaussie wrote:
Brains_transit wrote:Here's the CL diagram
Thanks!
I've narrow it down to the front cabin lol fml

Any advice appreciated
Cheers James

Also where is that diagram from? Anyone know a good place to download manuals etc etc?

Any suggestions for a tampered with front harness? This is such a nightmare..

I'm not sure what my next option is...

Jbaussie
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Jbaussie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:20 am

Any help is much appreciated..

Central locking not working!

Instant blowing of the 15a aux fuse on the steering column - the wiring has been messed with by the previous owner..

I decided to pull the dash out yesterday and try and sort it out...

I have the Hayes manual..

Wires seem to be cut and spliced from the central locking control unit to the door plugs as well as some going to the steering wheel

Any suggestion please I'm desperate lol

Do I try an wire back as the Hayes manual shows? Would it be easier to add an aftermarket alarm?

Should I try and get a whole new (used) harness?

Thanks for any help :)

Cheers James
ImageImageImage

Jbaussie
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Jbaussie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:27 am

So much leg room :pImage

Jbaussie
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby APH » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:04 pm

That wiring has already been butchered, you have the connector and lots of wires from what I suspect was an aftermarket alarm that someone else fitted and tried :roll: to make operate the locking...leaving you with the issue you know have.

Some of those soldered and joined wires are actually factory fitted like that, the loom is spliced like this many many times throughout all of it, which makes it harder to tell someones aftermarket add on, or just a factor joint. if you start ripping them all out, you will be worse off, as you will disconnect things that are meant to be there!

The Haynes diagrams for this era of van have got over a hundred errors in the way they are drawn, and there are several errors in the locking diagrams, so do not try and re wire it following those diagrams, they wont be much help with trouble shooting either.

Where abouts are you? someone may be nearby and able to help.

I have done many many repairs, fault finds, and alterations to the locking system on the mk6 vans, and it is rather complex in operation / wring, but relatively simple to fault find.

If the main fuse blows and it all stops working, remove the other fuse, then replace the main one. see what operates then and report back.

Andy :D
03 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 LWB HR white panel van
X reg 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 MWB MR Yellow Panel van
56 reg lwb high roof connect, 1.8 tdci 90 t 220

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

this is bunny

copy and paste to help bunny gain world domination
APH
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Jbaussie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:15 pm

Andy you are an absolute champion!

I started feeling overwhelmed today finding more and more suspect wires..

I will make a quick video soon..

I really appreciate any advice!

Will report back tomrrow :)

APH wrote:That wiring has already been butchered, you have the connector and lots of wires from what I suspect was an aftermarket alarm that someone else fitted and tried :roll: to make operate the locking...leaving you with the issue you know have.

Some of those soldered and joined wires are actually factory fitted like that, the loom is spliced like this many many times throughout all of it, which makes it harder to tell someones aftermarket add on, or just a factor joint. if you start ripping them all out, you will be worse off, as you will disconnect things that are meant to be there!

The Haynes diagrams for this era of van have got over a hundred errors in the way they are drawn, and there are several errors in the locking diagrams, so do not try and re wire it following those diagrams, they wont be much help with trouble shooting either.

I have done many many repairs, fault finds, and alterations to the locking system on the mk6 vans, and it is rather complex in operation / wring, but relatively simple to fault find.

If the main fuse blows and it all stops working, remove the other fuse, then replace the main one. see what operates then and report back.

Jbaussie
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Jbaussie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:17 pm

I'm located in Bondi Beach Sydney Australia :)

Jbaussie
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Onionman » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:24 pm

Following....

im about to attack my CL and fault find. nothing works, the SLD doesnt lock so the vehicle is not secured.
Onionman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jbaussie » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:04 am

I made a quick video trying to show u my struggle..

I've been trying to track down a used wiring harness but so far I've only found one from an 01 model which is a little different I think.. (mines an 05 and has a digital section on the speedo)

Pls watch with video and shed any light.. I'm lost

https://youtu.be/zMtrOKEXAws

Thanks in advance
APH wrote:That wiring has already been butchered, you have the connector and lots of wires from what I suspect was an aftermarket alarm that someone else fitted and tried :roll: to make operate the locking...leaving you with the issue you know have.

Jbaussie
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Jbaussie » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:18 pm

Anyone? Pls :)

Jbaussie
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Jbaussie » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:27 pm

I've decided to try a new central locking control module.. My friends think those dodgy looking connections could actually be factory.. Fingers crossed..

Jbaussie
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits