*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

mk7 juddering/jolting/kangarooing under light acceleration

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: mk7 juddering/jolting/kangarooing under light accelerati

Postby prototype3 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:12 am

Quick update, symptoms subsided after the service (about a week or so ago) but after a few long drives the symptoms have returned. Next step is doing the learn value resets (via FORscan, if I can...)

My only concern is whether the filter is getting clogged up prematurely, perhaps the pump is giving up the ghost?
2013 Ford Transit 2.2 125 300 Euro5
prototype3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby DAZZ » Wed May 09, 2018 10:26 am

aye its bloody annoying, some days worse than others, then one day it's fine. I thought it was temperature related, but this weekend has proved that to be bollocks.
Had codes read - nothing
Had software updated - same
cleaned intake sensors - same
had injector tested spill/leak off etc - ok - same
new airfilter/ fuel filters - same
engine mounts - all good
driveshafts - all good
tried supermarket diesel and expensive premium stuff - hardly any difference
BUT injector cleaner added did seem to make it worse?? could be imagining it though
adding 2 stroke oil - same poss little worse?
I've just decided that the van is female and just has her off days.... and work round it lol :lol: :lol:
2008 mk7 280 85 Crew cab - poverty spec :lol:
Replaced with......... a 300c estate :lol:

now sold, the judder did me ed' in :lol:
suppose my 350z and hayabusa will have to do for now :twisted:
DAZZ
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby prototype3 » Wed May 09, 2018 5:38 pm

DAZZ wrote:aye its bloody annoying, some days worse than others, then one day it's fine. I thought it was temperature related, but this weekend has proved that to be bollocks.
Had codes read - nothing
Had software updated - same
cleaned intake sensors - same
had injector tested spill/leak off etc - ok - same
new airfilter/ fuel filters - same
engine mounts - all good
driveshafts - all good
tried supermarket diesel and expensive premium stuff - hardly any difference
BUT injector cleaner added did seem to make it worse?? could be imagining it though
adding 2 stroke oil - same poss little worse?
I've just decided that the van is female and just has her off days.... and work round it lol :lol: :lol:

Aye I also thought it was temp related until this weekend, well yesterday I reset the high pressure fuel learn values and the pilot injector learn values using Forscan (free) and a £15 OBDII code reader, took all of 5 mins - so far so good, given it a good hooning and the symptoms haven't returned. But I'm not holding my breath :lol:
prototype3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby GOLDIE1B » Thu May 10, 2018 10:16 pm

hope this helps check earth connections in nearside inner wing mine were in cach state cut them all off and rerouted them to a better earth made tremendous differance.
the man makes the van
GOLDIE1B
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby DAZZ » Fri May 11, 2018 10:22 am

GOLDIE1B wrote:hope this helps check earth connections in nearside inner wing mine were in cach state cut them all off and rerouted them to a better earth made tremendous differance.

So doing this cured this intermittent juddering issue? :shock:

If so I think I might add another earth/ground from engine to chassis, then clean the inner wing ones up although they look fine - gotta be worth a try!

DAZZ
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby prototype3 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:24 am

A few months down the road and it's started doing it again, probably now the weather's getting colder.

What I did notice on this morning's commute is that it seemed to be cured by turning eco mode off? Even when I turned eco mode back on the symptoms didn't return. Weird.
prototype3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Steve192 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:38 pm

I’ve got exactly the same issue in my 2012 Euro 5. No codes stored, I’ve had a pump learn, injectors recalibrated (this quietens down the rattle, only for a few days and then it’s back again) and changed, air flow sensor, changed the oil, filters etc too still the same.

Drives me mad. Town driving is a pain in the ass. Judders like crazy usually always at about 1500/1700 rpm. Doesn’t even matter wether it’s hot or cold outside. Did it in the summer when we had nice weather and does it now at 5/6 degrees in the morning.

I’m wondering wether it could be the dual mass flywheel? Slight play in the dmf casual game the clutch to not grip at the right moment which sends the eco in to a mini spasm??? Not reading everything right for a split second like.

Ive got it booked in for a new clutch and dual mass flywheel on Monday. So will see how that goes.
Steve192
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby DAZZ » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:51 am

yep as soon as the weather cooled it was back, tried everything listed, my van doesn't have dmf so ruled it out. Its just worse in cooler weather. Also just had economy remap, no discernible change in judder, but mpg better I think :lol:
BUT this time Ive noticed if I hold it where the judder occurs the tacho/rev counter is very unstable too, which is to be expected but makes me think it is the ecu/brain causing the judder rather than a mechanical issue such as driveshaft, clutch etc..... TBC.....

DAZZ
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Dazza007 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:11 pm

My 62 plate did this everyday when warming up, when it gets to 66c it would buckaroo. Then I heard a boost leak so I replaced the intercooler pipe cos it had a hole and symptoms have gone.
Dazza007
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Steve192 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:15 pm

Dazza007 wrote:My 62 plate did this everyday when warming up, when it gets to 66c it would buckaroo. Then I heard a boost leak so I replaced the intercooler pipe cos it had a hole and symptoms have gone.
Steve192
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Steve192 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:45 pm

Didn’t mean to just quote it with no attached comment, sorry.

Are the intercooler pipes a cheap replacement part?
Steve192
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby prototype3 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:43 pm

Steve192 wrote:I’ve got exactly the same issue in my 2012 Euro 5. No codes stored, I’ve had a pump learn, injectors recalibrated (this quietens down the rattle, only for a few days and then it’s back again) and changed, air flow sensor, changed the oil, filters etc too still the same.

Drives me mad. Town driving is a pain in the ass. Judders like crazy usually always at about 1500/1700 rpm. Doesn’t even matter wether it’s hot or cold outside. Did it in the summer when we had nice weather and does it now at 5/6 degrees in the morning.

I’m wondering wether it could be the dual mass flywheel? Slight play in the dmf casual game the clutch to not grip at the right moment which sends the eco in to a mini spasm??? Not reading everything right for a split second like.

Ive got it booked in for a new clutch and dual mass flywheel on Monday. So will see how that goes.

Ah so you've also got both that knocking and the juddering, I don't know why I hadn't previously thought they might be related. I'll be interested to see the outcome of the DMF/clutch replacement.

The only update I've got is that I took the van out late last night when outside temp was around 7 or 8 degrees (the coldest it's been for a while), and typically couldn't for the life of me get it to do the juddering. Nice loud knocking on starting though :lol:

I'm really struggling to identify the set of conditions that causes it to judder/kangaroo
prototype3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby adam75pl » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:36 pm

I have same problem, changing DMF and clutch didn’t help.
This post only expresses opinion of the author of today. It can not be used against him tomorrow, or any other day following that date. In addition, the author reserves the right to change his views, without prior notification.
T280 SWB 2.2 115PS
adam75pl
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Jordank1 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Hi i have a mk7 euro 5 2013 reg 2.2

Doing exactly the same thing jolting juddering at low revs its had new egr new engine mount fuel filter fuel filter housing
Still doing it ? Been into ford they had no idea what it was no codes or anything found ?
Jordank1

Postby Steve192 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:07 pm

New clutch and dual mass flywheel hasn’t stopped the judderig for me, however it did stop the horrible unbalanced whirring sound I was getting.

I’ve 2 new intercooler pipes for my van arrive today, haven’t had time to fit yet. And I’m finding it difficult to find the small one for the drivers side. Anyone know where I can get one from?
Steve192
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits