*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Problem with my Transit

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Problem with my Transit

Postby Fiiz » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:32 pm

Hi all,

I have symptoms of a failing BCM or wiring issue. Current issues:

- Wipers constantly on, cannot control using wiper stalk
-Hazard lights on, cannot control using hazard switch
- Headlights/sidelights on, cannot control using hazard switch
- Accelerator pedal does not work

Engine has recently been overhauled (Crankshaft bearings replaced) so some wiring has been opened but put back in place.

Things I have checked/found:

-The ground cable from body to engine and it is as tight as can be.
-The Battery Post cable is also tight and tested for continuity. All good.
-I cannot see any corrosion. However have yet to check all wires.
-Door Ajar light is on, all doors closed.
-There seems to be live current on some of the pins at C5 on the BCM
-If headlight switch is set to on, *sometimes* all the issues mentioned above correct themselves

I seem to have identical issues with the following members:

http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=152186
http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=159550

From the looks of it, I am in need of a BCM (already on order) and wiring looms. Anything else to look for?

I am not that mechanically savvy but if pointed to the right direction would be much appreciated.

Also, codes pulled off:

B1029-16 Accelerator pedal sensor
U0151-00 Restraints Control Module: No Communication
U0100-87 ECM/PCM: No Communication
P2120-84 Accelerator Position Sensor: Electrical Malfunction
P2125-36 Accelerator Position Sensor 2: Electrical Malfunction
P2265-64 Water-in-Fuel Sensor Circuit: Range/Performance
U0140-00 Body Control Module: No Communication
P068A-00 Ecm/pcm power relay de-energized - too early
P2138-64 Accelerator Position Sensors: Implausible Correlation

For Reference, I have a Mk7 2.2 FWD Transit
2012 MK7 2.2 FWD Euro IV
Fiiz

Re: Problem with my Transit

Postby Airthies » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:37 am

Replace engine earth cable & clean both mount points on each cable at engine and chassis, battery and floor mount.
And preferably replace if condition is suspect.
Don't think a loom will help but check all harness earth points in engine bay.
If you can, run an earth cable direct from alternator/starter motor back to battery.

If you are have any anomalies after word best to use the asbuilt file for your van to over-right any faults it's picked up when it's been fried.

Our van wouldn't wipe when wash button was pressed. (But would skoosh)
Only solved when reloaded BCM with asbuilt file rather than sucking file from old BCM and blowing it into replacement unit.
Think it transferred all it's errors in the file when transferring.

Sent from my anu5 using crapatalk
2009 350T200 LWB medium roof, converted to 4x4 (the 2nd namby-pamby job)
2008 350LWB 115PS ex welfare van
2008 350LWB 115PS ex fitters van "retired" :cry:
Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Fiiz » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:43 am

Just thought I'd update this thread for anybody interested.

First of all thank you Airthies for the suggestions. I have replaced/added earthing cables from battery to starter to alternator to both sides of body chassis.

I have replaced the BCM and reprogrammed it using Forscan with an asbuilt file from ford site and after going through PATS for the Key Initialisation (abit of a scare because I only have 1 Key) and I now have it Running! :D

Other things done to the car:

1. Replaced Throttle Pedal
2. Replaced Ignition Switch

Theres still a few more things to sort out:

1. After replacing the BCM immobiliser has started flashing at startup, code 23 (ID mismatch?) I believe. I can still start the car even though the immobiliser light is flashing. At Ignition Position 1 Immobiliser light is solid red, when the engine starts it blinks rapidly then starts the 23 code. Did I miss something during the programming?

2. Scanning for faults came up with a P215A PTO sensor issue? Since this is the only fault showing I believe this is causing the the Powertrain light to come on? I've read the forum and I believe it is a software issue? Is it possible to fix it?

3. The Car Central locking. I thought it was a symptom of the previous faulty BCM module and have not checked for wiring issues yet, however the following issues are present:
-The Car will lock all doors when locking using key at the driver door, but horn will sound once and unlock the driver door, but not the rest of the doors. After this the other doors will NOT unlock when unlocking from the driver door. I have to unlock the rear door using the rear door lock (and inner lock on the sliding door)
-While the Car is running, Central locking will work for driver and passenger side door (lock and unlock). Sliding door and Rear door act the same way as above, will lock but not unlock.

4. Wiper doesn't work, but unlike Airthies, I went straight with programming the BCM with the asbuilt file from ford website.

5. I seem to be low in power. Best way to describe it is an exponential throttle response. Very little response halfway pressing the throttle pedal and getting all the power at the back end. Which means I spend most of the time accelerating the car at the back end of the short throttle travel. This is with the brand new Throttle pedal assembly. Will try reinstalling the old assembly and update this. Is this normal?

Any ideas will be much appreciated.
2012 MK7 2.2 FWD Euro IV
Fiiz

Postby Fiiz » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:08 pm

Bump
2012 MK7 2.2 FWD Euro IV
Fiiz

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits