*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

heater blower fan

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

heater blower fan

Postby gustheammer » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:59 am

hi there I have a transit mk 6 2.4 diesel and heater fan not working I have tried fuse and replaced the resister. still not working not being a mechanic I am a bit puzzled by looking at the fans there only seems to be one type the fan fitted to mine has two electrical fittings first one a push on two wire fitting and at the rear a push on four wire fitting with offset terminals . there seam to be plenty of motors with the two wire set up but not with the rear fitting any ideas [lease and if possible part numbers many thanks gus.
gustheammer

Re: heater blower fan

Postby slugmeister » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:39 pm

Its been a while since I fixed my heater blower but I recall all the blowers have a two wire plug but in models with air conditioning theres an additional relay and its clipped to the blower motor, and I think that's what your additional 4 wire plug is.
slugmeister
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby gustheammer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:04 pm

thank you very much does the wiring go to a relay or is the relay connected to the motor
gustheammer

Postby wojciech » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:03 pm

gustheammer wrote:thank you very much does the wiring go to a relay or is the relay connected to the motor
Relay mounted on blower motor works only if AC is on. So relay control circuit (his low current circuit) is connected to AC switch, but his high-current pins to blower resistor and ground. Blower is connected as in system without AC - one pin directly to +12V (fuse 223/30A), second to resistor and to knob switch.
If AC is on, blower must work, and relay ensure it (with least power). Also if blower knob is set on 0.

Without blast through evaporator, it freezes - very danger for AC system.
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby slugmeister » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:58 am

wjciech is right, the aircon model has a relay to force the blower on when AC in use, but that wiring is in parallel to normal blower circuit.
If you need I can email you a wiring diagram from Ford TIS. Cant post a picture direct, gotta use photo share site bah! I think what you need to know is you can get any blower (aircon model or non aircon model) and connect the two wire to it and the 4 wire relay assembly take it off your old blower and if the new blower doesnt have the clip for relay just mount it any way on the side, or any where under the dash close by. The aircon blower is the same but has the clip mount, but I couldn't find one. All the blowers were supposedly only for non aircon models. I actually ended repairing my blower 3 years ago the shaft mount was a bit loose... and its still working, for now. Its starting to make a bit of noise on slow speed...
slugmeister
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby gustheammer » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:47 am

slugmeister wrote:wjciech is right, the aircon model has a relay to force the blower on when AC in use, but that wiring is in parallel to normal blower circuit.
If you need I can email you a wiring diagram from Ford TIS. Cant post a picture direct, gotta use photo share site bah! I think what you need to know is you can get any blower (aircon model or non aircon model) and connect the two wire to it and the 4 wire relay assembly take it off your old blower and if the new blower doesnt have the clip for relay just mount it any way on the side, or any where under the dash close by. The aircon blower is the same but has the clip mount, but I couldn't find one. All the blowers were supposedly only for non aircon models. I actually ended repairing my blower 3 years ago the shaft mount was a bit loose... and its still working, for now. Its starting to make a bit of noise on slow speed...

thanks for that very helpful gus.
gustheammer

Postby gustheammer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:18 pm

HEATER MOTOR WAS THE PROBLEM FIXED NOW THANKS FOR THE HELP
gustheammer

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits